Contra or Super Mario

• Thread starter Anurag M
  • Start date
Anurag M

Anurag M

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
As the title says, which of these games you like playing the most?
For me its Contra, I have played many installment of it including Super Contra 8.

Of the mainseries games I've played:
SMBDX,
the GBA versions of SMB2 and 3,
SML 1 and 2,
some of Sunshine and Galaxy 1,
all of Galaxy 2,
and NSMB,
and a tad of NSMBW,
whereas Contra I've only played like one.

I've only played the third Contra.

For me its Contra, I have played many installment of it including Super Contra 8.
well since i havent played contra or even heard of it before coming here, that leaves me with super mario lol. ive played a bunch of these so its hard to pick a single permanent favorite, but lately as far as mario is odyssey's been at the top of the chart for me. its a great game with amazing graphics and good music, although i think mario galaxy probably beat odyssey in the music department so to speak, even though overall i like odyssey way more. that's the one thing i feel couldve been better about the game. out of the many mario games ive played, i still feel the original mario galaxy ranks first with its music. still like odyssey more for the gameplay and graphics tho heheh, so that's probably above galaxy with galaxy being number 2 of my favorites for said reasons :p

Contra is much less known and ive only played the first one and still haven’t beat the fortress at the end of the first level (even with a ton of lives) so yeah. Contra is hard. Someday i will beat it, then i will have a reason to try a different contra

Considering the fact that I don’t even know what the heck Contra even is, I’m gonna say Mario, for many reasons.

Firstly, as I said above, I didn’t even know wat this was before checking this thread. Secondly, Mario has had over 30 games (not including spinoffs) in his day. I’m willing to bet Contra has only three or four games (if even that). Absolutely Mario, without a doubt.

I haven't played a Contra game, but I've had tons of memories of Super Mario games!
The most memorable Marios I've played are Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D Land, Sunshine, World, 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. 2, and most of the RPGs. This comment would be too long if I listed them all :p. I've played lots more, but these are the ones that I immediately thought of.

Reactions: Kadaj
I haven't played a Contra game, but I've had tons of memories of Super Mario games!
The most memorable Marios I've played are Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D Land, Sunshine, World, 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. 2, and most of the RPGs. This comment would be too long if I listed them all :p. I've played lots more, but these are the ones that I immediately thought of.
ive never played contra either (and i dont plan to, some stuff in games is just too absurd for me and this sounds like it would be from what ive heard of it) but id definitely say super mario for certain. my favorites are mario galaxy 1&2 (bring these back nintendo this was dropped way too soon), super mario 3d world (3d land was also fun), and then super mario 3 on nes and new super bros 2+ U deluxe is also great. i should do a personal speedrun of NSMB U deluxe soon though, ive been doing that a bit much on smash ultimate world of light (using hero and byleth) lol

as for a very little bit about contra, i havent seen much of it but a younger relative tried it on super NES classic physical console and every hazard he touched was one life lost... and the entire floor was lava, stuff shooting things at you all over the place, and jumping on the first boss ALSO kills you? yeah, im probably out of this one haha...

ive only played one contra, and i think it was the third one. I played it on the Game Boy Advance, but never got past the first stage.....(i was just a kid..) but i played a lot of Mario's. I played a lot of them on the Wii and Wii U, and they were always fun! I also really loved Super Mario 64, it is definitely one of the best! I also played the DS port of Super Mario 64, and played Super Mario Sunshine, which is imo the best one i played so far! However, i do prefer to play the sidescrolling Marios, as i love to play couch co-op with my siblings.

Back