Convince me to get ACNL ( part 2 ) ( CN Elite Rewards )

• Thread starter 2071
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallelujah
Towns Folk
So this is the second part of the Convince Me for my choice in choosing my CN Platinum Rewards .

To be honest this game isn't really my type of style of gameplay , I usually prefer competitive gameplay style but I still think that convincing me is worth a shot ( hopefully ) .

Tell me about the :
  • Replay Value
  • Is it easy to play ?
  • What do you do with the online multiplayer feature ?
You can also state other factors if you wish , either good or bad , it's your opinion :p

There's no replay value since the game never ends
It's very easy, just gotta do it right
You visit other peoples town and play with them there, or they come to you

Reactions: 2071
  • What @Nova said. That is, unless you restart your town, which a lot of people do at some point because an established town can become too much at some points in time, at least to me lol.
  • Animal Crossing was made to be relaxing, so yes.
  • Go to other friends' towns / visit Tortimer Island (Regional or Worldwide)

Reactions: 2071
Hello!

ACNL is by far my favourite game. That said, it's very much a you like it or you hate it game. (I've never met anybody who "sort of likes it" and continues to play) so if you are interested in the game, and none of the other CN rewards interest you, you aren't losing *too much by redeeming it from CN.

1.) Like the others have said there's not really "replay" value since the game never ends. There is a thread in this forum for people who have clocked in more than 600 hours! That being said, I have reset, and I love it. I wanted to reset simply because my layout was beginning to bother me. I know other people who have reset because they've completed all the encyclopedias, or they want to try playing the game without time traveling, etc. it's very much a self-goal oriented game. I could play a whole year without upgrading my house because they don't force you too.

2.) This game is incredibly easy to play and it is inredibly relaxing. The first couple days are slow in the game, since you don't have much shops and your Nookling store is tiny, you don't have many trees to harvest, you don't have all the tools, and you can't access the QR machine. However! After the first slow bit it's fun to play (honestly I just time traveled through this bit. I played the most I could get out of my day and then went to a new one and so on. That way I didn't have to wait a legitimate week) it's a game that's focused around customization and design. (Don't worry if you're bad at designing, I'm horrible, but you can copy other people's designs to use in your town!) you develop the town with PWP's (public works projects - these could be anything from streetlights and benches to adding an actual building (note I think you only get three buildings from the PWP's)) You obtain PWP via villager suggestions. Different villagers have different personalities (lazy, normal, snooty, grumpy, peppy, etc) and they offer different types of PWP's. Your grumpy villagers tend to recommend "zen" themed items, whereas lazy more cutesy and fun things, like a playground, I believe normal villagers suggest fairytale objects? And I don't remember the rest haha. You also customize your town via the greenery. Cutting down trees and placing new ones, along with planting bushes and flowers. There are also "paths" but these are not legitimate paths. Villagers can move in on top of your path. All the path is is some QR codes you have placed on the ground. You can also design your flag and town tune. Also! There's a way to like ... Put QR codes on furniture. I'm not sure how, but I've seen it done haha.

Nothing in the game is timed or there to cause stress (except for maybe Isabelle's placement rules!) but you do have to be ... What's the word... Involved in the game? I don't know how to phrase that. You have to check the game everyday otherwise you risk villagers moving out, and if a villager moves out you can't get them back until 16 villagers have moved out AFTER them. It's lame. There are also some tricks to "pick" a villagers house placement, and if you become invested in making your town look nice you'll want to look that up.

-The multiplayer feature. I mainly use this when I am doing trades. I like to trade furniture with people since I am too lazy to collect entire sets by myself (I mean hey, that zodiac bobble head collection! You get one piece every New Years! :p) I also used them to pick up villagers from other towns. If a villager is getting ready to move and they have no furniture out, just boxes, you can invite them to your town.

There is also the island. I go here sometimes (rarely haha) and there are mini-games you can play with each other. I've played a few with @SunnyWindy and I don't rememember any of them being "competitive" they were more team based. ie: One game we were in a maze and we both got assigned three different fruits to collect. If sunny got all her fruits and I didn't we would lose. We both had to find all the fruits to win. It was fun nonetheless though! These are timed games, by the way.

Honestly I really love the game. It's something relaxing that you can pick up and play at any time. I know you said it's not really your style, and that's okay, I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but if you've ever wanted to try a cute, relaxing, customizable game than ACNL is something you might try! If you have any other questions just ask! (Sorry this is so long >~< )

Reactions: 3823, 2071, 423 and 1 other person
I think that animal crossing is amazing for the freedom and friendliness it gives to everyone. First off, there's no real goal or limit to what you can do (besides technological). Most people try to re-designt their town to make it great looking and organized, but you can do other things too! Just fish, catch bugs, upgrade your house and fill it with things, become friends with villagers, its a relaxing pick-up-and-play game. Since there isn't really a goal, you don't replay it, you just play it. It's a tale that always unfolds.

The multiplayer option is fun and simplistic, visiting other towns or letting them in. You can do everything together that you can do by yourself, and you have a simple message system to chat. It's great for up to 3 extra players.

Theres also the island, which is great. The attractions are awesome in single or multiplayer, and if that doesn't strike your fancy, then you can catch exotic bugs and fish there. Thats also a hub to get alot of bells, flowers or fruit, just youtube it and you'll find something.

For playability, it's simplistic and easy to learn what to do. There's not really a challenge in a literal sense, so you rather make them as you go. As an example of how simple it is to start playing, my 4 year old cousin borrowed mine over christmas, and was right into it after less than 15 minutes. So not only is it easy to play, but is fun for all ages.

Its a relaxing game full of freedom and friendly atmosphere, being able to do whatever you want by yourself and with others. It can give hours of simplistic entertainment, and is great for winding down after a long day. You can save and load whenever, and there is something new each day for another experience, and with all the things to do, its hard to get bored.

That's why I think you should buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Last edited:
Eirdan chose MK7. No more replies needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back