Corpse Party: Blood Drive coming to Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
More and more horror games are finding their way to the Nintendo Switch right before Halloween :eyes:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive is one of them. Xseed Games today announced the release date for the game. Corpse Party: Blood Drive is a cult-classic horror visual novel and it will be available on the console on October 10th, 2019 for $19.99, £17.99, and €19.99 with a 10% discount if purchased within the first week.

More about the game:
The disturbing events that the survivors of Kisaragi Academy’s class 2-9 encountered are theirs alone to mourn after the memories and records of those lost in the halls of Heavenly Host have been wiped from the face of the earth. Only the power rested within the pages of the Book of Shadows could reverse this miserable fate, however Ayumi Shinozaki’s misguided attempts to employ its power claimed yet another victim, and the book was forever lost in the chaos. Obsessed with figuring out a way to bring her friends back, Ayumi returns to Heavenly Host after a tip that leads her to believe the Book of Shadows still resides within. In one last attempt to redeem her past mistakes, will Ayumi be successful in her desperate mission of redemption?

Some screenshots:

1VAUMLk.jpg

6CB5hIV.jpg

Are you looking forward to the game?

How can I enjoy a story that deep and then give me a cute anime artstyle? I also don't get the title... Looks pretty deep but I can't imagine any replay value.

How can I enjoy a story that deep and then give me a cute anime artstyle? I also don't get the title... Looks pretty deep but I can't imagine any replay value.
Never judge a video game by its art style :p

The first Corpse Party, Blood Covered, manages really well to make the horror elements coexisting with the cute style, besides, it even enhances the horror scenes.
That said, Blood Drive is a much weaker chapter because it adds so much to the games' lore that they don't feel natural at all and it's a bit of "WTF is happening" all the time, but maybe the total comprehension coupd by helped by the untranslated light novels can help a bit, together with Corpse Party 2U upon which a REALLY important plot point is based.
I'd say it's a game only for fans and to give a conclusion to the story told in Blood Covered and Book of Shadows; for someone who never played the other ones and is skeptical on the game it's a huge no-no.

Reactions: Marc

hehe... it's not cute...

Like @Theresia said though, this is very much a "you play this if you know of the series already". If you want to get into corpse party though, I highly reccomend picking up the original game. It was originally made in RPG maker and is actually not a bad survival horror game. The anime also isn't that bad. Book of shadows is a pretty good sequal as well from what I remember. But not sure what platforms that is on other then windows. The first game is on multiple platforms though including the 3DS.

Forgot to mention as well, iirc most, if not all, the corpse party games have multiple endings. So there is some replay value in that, along with things like collectables and things you can miss.

Back