Could there be more to the NX?

• Thread starter Xx_Melvin_xX
  • Start date
Xx_Melvin_xX

Xx_Melvin_xX

Future Pokémon master
Towns Folk
We all know It is a nintendo product and NX is just a codename but could there be more to this. NX could stand for Next Xenoblade maybe A device used for xenoblade chronicles like a smart device but it is about an online fourm about Xenoblade chronicles Or maybe it Is a VR headset probably not though

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a Handheld or Console system, because I remember my friend stating that they were planning to release a new system in like 2018 or 2020 which sounds like a time when NX could possibly be released

I think it will be a console, but with a unique gimmick. The Wii had a weird remote (the Wiimote), and the Wii U had the gamepad. The new NX will probably also have a unique and cool gimmick to make it different from the Xbox One and the PS4.

I have a feeling there will be more than what meets the eye with the NX. Its 'new concept' will most likely be something we have never seen before, but also something that we might have thought of from time to time. Hopefully Nintendo's plans don't get leaked before 2016 lol.

I doubt that it would be named something like Next Xenoblade :p since generally it is supposed to be a new console that Nintendo is working on . I'm pretty sure that it is going to be something that none of us can expect , since usually Nintendo's making really unique stuff , so there is definitely going to be something more to this topic :p

I'm starting to wonder if the NX is going to be a "console" at all... The way Iwata is describing it as a "concept" I'm almost wondering if it's going to be more of a system or service for uniting the current gen stuff but also maybe being like a streaming game service where we can use our current systems, tablets, pc's, etc. to play the games.... Just a thought. I don't think he's(Iwata) used the word console at all... he's used the word platform and concepts though. Platform can mean console but it doesn't have to...

I think The nx will most likely not be the next xenoblade. I'm pretty sure the nx will try to bring a new age of gaming into play. I mean, I dont really think that the new mysterious concept should only apply to xenoblade

If they name it "Next Xenoblade" it would be only for xenoblade and that would mean non Xenoblade fans are going to be really dissapointed. So that's out of the question.

It's gonna have xenoblade for sure, but it will have many other games as well. I'm sure it will have Mario and some of the other obviousses. They are going to make the controller a really different one I guess... but they will make it cool!

I don't play Xenoblade, and if they named it that, I would be furious, litterally. Like if it were NP (Stands for Next Pokemon :p), or NZ (Next Zelda), I would be fine, but I still wouldn't want a whole console based on a game franchise. I bet Nintendo will lose lots of customers, and their products won't sell as good. But it will probably make xenoblade fans spend more money...
The console is definitely going to have Xenoblades as @Zard Fire said, and Mario, probably one or two zeldas. and @Zard Fire, why are you New Kid on the Block, you've been a member for 6 months XD

A single phrase to destroy the Xenoblade rumour: If the NX had to do with Xenoblade, Monolith Soft would be involved (they have the rights for the Xeno series). As for the VR theory, maybe it could be true, after all, considering that Sony and Microsoft (I guess we can imply that HoloLens will have some connection with the X1 as well, since they share Windows's core (libraries/stuff used to make Windows run)) have their VR headsets, so maybe they're heading that way. Not to mention that the Virtual Boy was originally Nintendo's first try with VR (though it was a failure because of Ninty releasing it before the creator (Gunpei Yokoi, creator of the GameBoy) gave them the green light), so maybe they have learnt from their mistakes and they'll try again.

If you look at the name NX you can read is sideways (top to bottom) to get ZX. As in the Z and X axis's perhaps. So I think it will have some sort of Gyro like the 3DS/Wii U Gamepad and/or be a VR where games focus more on what's around you rather than depth in front of you. That's just a thought. I could be wrong and it could just mean NintendoX and mean a Nintendo paradox machine.

Back