Crappiest Eshop Games

• Thread starter maxthe2pokemonshowdown
  • Start date
maxthe2pokemonshowdown

maxthe2pokemonshowdown

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Tell me, what do you think is a crappy game?

I personally don't think there's any really bad games on the eShop. In terms of budget I think they may be considered way better but if a game seems to play like an app either already made or a 3rd party freemium (or Rusty Sluggers/Nintendo Badge Arcade) then I would think of them as turn offs. I think you also get what you pay for for the most part not including price cuts.

Fantasy Pirates... really really weird and crappy

After browsing the 3DS eshop since early 2015 the worst games I would find where the ones with the keywords ''My little" in the tittle. In the 3DS eshop I keep finding games that where over $25 each that where called My little baby girl and My little baby boy. I thought it was a cheap and lazy way to get more money why couldn't the company bundle both games for $25 instead for someone to pay $50 to get both genders. I played a demo for one of the games. I thought it was ok since I'm not a big fan of these kind of games though I thought the game was overpriced for the quality of it. Their are also a game called My little horse or pony, something like that. It was practically the same thing. I would give these kinds of games a fair chance but, they are seriously overpriced to the fact that it has about the same price as Octodad: deadliest catch, a fun addicting indie game, it really boggles my mind.

Another crappy game that is on the eshop is called the skunk bundle. It is not 3DS Eshop and is only on the Wii u version. It's free and it's a bundle 5 games in one application. The application is made of 2 scary games, an angry birds knockoff, a puzzle game, and a classic game called snake. The skunk bundle used to have been $20, then Nintendo made it free to download, then now they made it $3 ...... what is life anymore. The game in the bundle were boring at times and the controls were extreamly unresponsive which made playing the games difficult then it was supposed to be. I was glad when Nintendo made it free because when you downloaded the skunk bundle on your Wii u you would get 30 free gold coins on MyNintendo which I thought was really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
One i think is crappy is Simple Video poker.

After browsing the 3DS eshop since early 2015 the worst games I would find where the ones with the keywords ''My little" in the tittle. In the 3DS eshop I keep finding games that where over $25 each that where called My little baby girl and My little baby boy. I thought it was a cheap and lazy way to get more money why couldn't the company bundle both games for $25 instead for someone to pay $50 to get both genders. I played a demo for one of the games. I thought it was ok since I'm not a big fan of these kind of games though I thought the game was overpriced for the quality of it. Their are also a game called My little horse or pony, something like that. It was practically the same thing. I would give these kinds of games a fair chance but, they are seriously overpriced to the fact that it has about the same price as Octodad: deadliest catch, a fun addicting indie game, it really boggles my mind.

Another crappy game that is on the eshop is called the skunk bundle. It is not 3DS Eshop and is only on the Wii u version. It's free and it's a bundle 5 games in one application. The application is made of 2 scary games, an angry birds knockoff, a puzzle game, and a classic game called snake. The skunk bundle used to have been $20, then Nintendo made it free to download, then now they made it $3 ...... what is life anymore. The game in the bundle were boring at times and the controls were extreamly unresponsive which made playing the games difficult then it was supposed to be. I was glad when Nintendo made it free because when you downloaded the skunk bundle on your Wii u you would get 30 free gold coins on MyNintendo which I thought was really cool.
These games are made to attract 5 yr olds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meme run. Do I even need to explain?

Meme run. Do I even need to explain?
I was about to say the same thing until I realized the thread was posted in the 3DS games section :p

Tell me, what do you think is a crappy game?
There was this one ping pong thing on the 3DS eShop and it was so crappy I'm not even going to buy it.

It's really sad to hear people bashing on other people's creations. These people tried hard, even if the end result is "crappy".

It's really sad to hear people bashing on other people's creations. These people tried hard, even if the end result is "crappy".
No, these games are made to look but be bad

How do you know that these people tried hard?They could have just made the laziest shovelware in existance to make a quick buck.
And If it doesnt work properly and/or isnt finished entirely,there is a simple thing you can do: DONT release it(im kinda ok with it if its for free,but else no) and ESPECIALLY DONT sell it.
There also are alot of games on the eshop that are only there to trick people who have not much idea of videogames considering shovelware into buying overpriced utter garbage.

Now to the mention of meme run;I dont think its a bad game,id even call it good if it wouldnt cost Money.The game was made as a joke,you shouldnt pay for jokes themselves.

Last edited:
I can see what u mean but SOME developers try. Sure, they may suck but they're probably amaturers. Sure some sell for a quick buck but others try.

And about meme run, NO effort was put into it so yeah, I can agree it's crappy

That's not a good way to see it imo
Even if they worked hard, that doesn't excuse it if it is a bad game.

A bad game is a bad game, no matter the circumstances, and saying otherwise just because "they tried" is the same as not having criticism at all.

The people that made Sonic 06 tried hard to make it so it could launch at the 20th anniversary of Sonic (I think it was the 20th, but I'm not sure), and we still call it a bad game, because that it was it is, a bad game.

I hope one day I will become a video game developer, and I know if I ever manage to become one, it would break my heart if the thing that I worked on for so much time and with so much passion, ends ups being a crappy game that no one likes.

But I would hate even more seeing people say "Well, at least the guy tried, so don't be mean to him".

Which lets me to my next point

These games are made to attract 5 yr olds.
Here is another wrong way to criticize

You can't forgive a game because "Its main audience is [Insert Age Group Here]"
Once again, a game is bad, because is bad. Doesn't matter the audience.

I have seen games aimed for children that are freacking amazing, as well as games for children that are trash. And saying "The game is for children so it doesn't count" would dismiss the effort and achievements of the good games for children.

Finally, now that I responded to every comment I wanted to, I can talk about the crappiest e shop game

Just look for any obvious bootleg, and you will find something that sucks really bad

Someday, u will be a developer but if the game is bad but effort was put into it, at least you tried. Also, how would you like it if someone bashed your creations?

Also, Sonic 06, that was 15th anniversary. That was half effort.

Someday, u will be a developer but if the game is bad but effort was put into it, at least you tried. Also, how would you like it if someone bashed your creations?

Also, Sonic 06, that was 15th anniversary. That was half effort.

Criticism is criticism, and every content creator needs to learn how to take it, and how to improve thanks to it.
Of course, hate comments or bashing without reason is not criticism, and should be ignored.

But having an actual argument against something, even if you say it in the meanest way possible, is still valid criticism.

That's not a good way to see it imo
Even if they worked hard, that doesn't excuse it if it is a bad game.

A bad game is a bad game, no matter the circumstances, and saying otherwise just because "they tried" is the same as not having criticism at all.

The people that made Sonic 06 tried hard to make it so it could launch at the 20th anniversary of Sonic (I think it was the 20th, but I'm not sure), and we still call it a bad game, because that it was it is, a bad game.

I hope one day I will become a video game developer, and I know if I ever manage to become one, it would break my heart if the thing that I worked on for so much time and with so much passion, ends ups being a crappy game that no one likes.

But I would hate even more seeing people say "Well, at least the guy tried, so don't be mean to him".

Which lets me to my next point

Here is another wrong way to criticize

You can't forgive a game because "Its main audience is [Insert Age Group Here]"
Once again, a game is bad, because is bad. Doesn't matter the audience.

I have seen games aimed for children that are freacking amazing, as well as games for children that are trash. And saying "The game is for children so it doesn't count" would dismiss the effort and achievements of the good games for children.

Finally, now that I responded to every comment I wanted to, I can talk about the crappiest e shop game

Just look for any obvious bootleg, and you will find something that sucks really bad
I meant it in a bad way. There supposed to attract 5 yr olds so they can say "Mommy! i want this game for 69420360.99!" and then they buy it and realize its a piece of crap.

Reactions: Zukrad
Back