Crash bandicoot 4 coming to switch

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk

Crash bandicoot 4 is finally coming to the switch! It looks like a perfect game to play in handheld mode. It's coming next month on March 12th. And it's $40! So if you want a quality platformer but don't want to dish out 60 bucks for the mario games, this is probably the next best thing! And also, this is pure speculation but crash 4 coming to switch paves the way for crash coming to smash :eyes: . So what are you thoughts? Will you be getting it?

Reactions: Mizunil
I quite disliked the trilogy remake honestly, I couldn't get too far into the first game, level design was just ew.
From what I heard this one is just more of the same so eh. I think I'll skip.

Reactions: Duffy, Mizunil and Deepak
I couldn't get too far into the first game
Same, I borrowed the switch trilogy from a family member but it just wasn't for me. It seemed like a good game tbh, but I just wasn't that into it especially when I had other games I wanted to play more.

I can see why people like the series though and I hope they enjoy the game :p

Reactions: 28142
I like the Crash series, and this would be pretty epic to get imo. the only thing tho, i dont have $40 :(.

Reactions: Mizunil
Pretty much more of the first three games. If you don't like old school platformers it isn't for you, likely.

Reactions: Mizunil and phofufury
Pretty much more of the first three games. If you don't like old school platformers it isn't for you, likely.

I mean I do personally enjoy old school platformers, however crash has always seemed "funneled" to me. For example, backtracking is near impossible casually for multiple routes because you literally can't see jack.

I watched a review of someone 100%ing crash 4 as well and apparently it is the absolute worst one to do so in. Its tedious, incredibly poorly made and generally just near impossible. You'll be replaying the exact same levels MULTIPLE times over and just living in pure hell through it. As someone who is a 100%er, that turned me away from the game even more. The secret ending as well for it is just incredibly stupid.

Reactions: Duffy
I mean I do personally enjoy old school platformers, however crash has always seemed "funneled" to me. For example, backtracking is near impossible casually for multiple routes because you literally can't see jack.

I watched a review of someone 100%ing crash 4 as well and apparently it is the absolute worst one to do so in. Its tedious, incredibly poorly made and generally just near impossible. You'll be replaying the exact same levels MULTIPLE times over and just living in pure hell through it. As someone who is a 100%er, that turned me away from the game even more. The secret ending as well for it is just incredibly stupid.
The 100%ing thing is super annoying. I'm passing on this one for sure.

The 100%ing thing is super annoying. I'm passing on this one for sure.

From what he said the casual side of the game is short too, only like 5-6h long. So most of the worth of the game is in getting the collectables/106%ing.

Reactions: Duffy
i like crash bandicoot games and played the 2nd one “cant recall if played the 1st game at all on ps1” but didnt beat it but had fun. havent played a game since crash of the titans for psp but i love the crash series as awhole and would play this game if i could afford to get it. they are short but fun games. these days however i am less into platformers and would prefer to watch streamers play these types of games like vinessause play bowsers fury and mori callope play crash 4 on ps4 than to play myself but i am not 100% player. inwould play for secret bosses and extra stages even if i may not beat them though.

Hm... might get it, though I never played much of the N. Sane Trilogy yet, which I really should play more of. It was fun but, like a few others have said, quite difficult compared to modern games. Especially the first of the trilogy - don't believe I've progressed much into the second world and even then, the first was quite taxing enough.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the games. The second and third were easier and thusly more enjoyable. However, from the few clips I've seen of this game (one clip, actually, where Mori Calliope was playing through it... I love Calli <3), the gaemplay looks similar to the first three. I've got a feeling it might be a little dated of a gameplay style for new players to get into so I'm not expecting this to sell well outside of nostalgia purposes.

Then again, it's supposedly been released on the Xbox and PlayStation... did it sell well on those platforms? I need to keep up with my game news. Since Crash Bandicoot was originally exclusive to the PlayStation, I would not be at all surprised if that's the platform it ends up selling the most on. Perhaps the Switch wouldn't be lagging too far behind, since most of Nintendo's aesthetic is somewhat similar to Crash Bandicoot's, so most of their audience might be interested even if they've never heard of it before.

If Spyro had a fourth game like Crash I would get that. I'm not really that into Crash other than his memes. I'm sure it plays fine and all but with the sketchy history and all this looks like the one to get instead of those or just get a PS1 disc and try that just saying. It does come with a demo I'm pretty sure. Come to think of it Spyro had a demo for Crash in it and one of them was the compete game with some monkeying around in Spyro 3. I'm glad it's on Nintendo consoles again though with a better record.

Back