Create your own app

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
if you had the chance to create your own app and get it released to the public, what kind of app would it be? a game/tool etc? do you think people would use it? would it be successful? what kind of ideas would you have in mind when creating it?

I would create a multi-protocol Instant Messaging app that doesn't require you to sign up for some silly branded "all-in-one" account which essentially doubles as another IM account.

I would create a software that can write word and excel extension and also convert Pdf into word and word into pdf and also converte video by optimizing giving it low size with awesome quality

I'd probably create a binary calculator/convertor (Including those dastardly negative numbers and fractions). It'd be useful in Computing class, or other programming scenarios without having to convert everything by hand, but I guess that's the process of learning

Wait.. I could make one, if I figured out how to make it work on iOS and Android... keke

You just have to create one using a app making software on you're computer while converting you're work into Apk format to run it outside of the android Makrket

You just have to create one using a app making software on you're computer while converting you're work into Apk format to run it outside of the android Makrket
I'll definitely look into it. It would be very handy to have it on my iPhone. And veery cool. And showoff-able. Oh, I can imagine the looks of worship I would get in Computing.

After you can ask a request to put it in Google Play Store

For Android, this exists, it's called AppInventor. It's like Construct, but open-source, and easy to use! You can even debug on your device ! Note that it requires Java, and a Gmail address.
But here it is: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/
/!\ Also, beware, making applications that are too big will make the website lag, on one of my projects (who had a lot of functions, that's why), the browser froze up to 15 seconds /!\

As for Apple, no idea.

For Android, this exists, it's called AppInventor. It's like Construct, but open-source, and easy to use! You can even debug on your device ! Note that it requires Java, and a Gmail address.
But here it is: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/
/!\ Also, beware, making applications that are too big will make the website lag, on one of my projects (who had a lot of functions, that's why), the browser froze up to 15 seconds /!\

As for Apple, no idea.
How I wish I had an Android device. But, I'll look into iOS, at least.

How I wish I had an Android device. But, I'll look into iOS, at least.

Even if you don't have one, there's also an Android Emulator ;) . They thought about everything.

Bro i don't need Java to make an app the phone i just gotta make a apk format of the app to put it on the sd card and run it but what you're saying do you mean it gotta be routed because it's dangerous task

i know android emulators if you search google for them when you find them you can run apk app on you're pc

i know android emulators if you search google for them when you find them you can run apk app on you're pc
I know of them too, but I want to run my programs on the iOS. I can just use the actual program itself on the computer.

yes that's the best idea to start executing a program after creating it on a pc

Bro i don't need Java to make an app the phone i just gotta make a apk format of the app to put it on the sd card and run it but what you're saying do you mean it gotta be routed because it's dangerous task

You need Java when it comes to Android. At least, with AppInventor, you don't need to install the 700+ Mo of useless stuff who comes with the JDK (since only ~50Mo is used by most of the developers).

And your APK must be signed. Try running an unsigned APK, and you'll get a nice surprise. Google think twice about security (though Android had some viruses lately...)

Back