Creativity!

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I realize after Miiverse ends, I won't be able to easily upload art online... The only other thing I could use is Colors 3D, but is there any other art game/art I could use on 3DS? Or I'll have to use a different device?

(It's horrible for me particularly, because Colors takes TOO MUCH SPACE! And I don't have a different device to create art on...)

You could get a micro sd card that holds 128 GB of space.

That increases your max storage space quite substantially.

Reactions: Kakea
I would probably just save your money and buy a graphics tablet on Amazon for under $70 and then use a free art program or purchase one (like Clip Studio Paint). That's what I use, personally.

I would probably just save your money and buy a graphics tablet on Amazon for under $70 and then use a free art program or purchase one (like Clip Studio Paint). That's what I use, personally.
And as an added bonus those allow for much more precise drawings.

A 3DS is a good place to start, but once you really get into drawing you should consider upgrading. For the pice of 2 games you can have a drawing tablet that can keep you busy for years!

And as an added bonus those allow for much more precise drawings.

A 3DS is a good place to start, but once you really get into drawing you should consider upgrading. For the pice of 2 games you can have a drawing tablet that can keep you busy for years!

Thanks for the advice! The only problem is money: I am planning on a Graphics Tablet, (and a FREE art program ) but I need money. This is truthfully the only reason I'm dependent on my 3DS for this...

You could get a micro sd card that holds 128 GB of space.

That increases your max storage space quite substantially.

For now, this well help ALOT! I'm hoping my art/comic get's noticed and I can make enough to buy a drawing tablet later!

Reactions: PersonSP
Thanks for the advice! The only problem is money: I am planning on a Graphics Tablet, (and a FREE art program ) but I need money. This is truthfully the only reason I'm dependent on my 3DS for this...

For now, this well help ALOT! I'm hoping my art/comic get's noticed and I can make enough to buy a drawing tablet later!

Note that if you choose to go the larger SD card route be aware that any 3DS can only read 32 GB SD cards. You'll need to format your SD card to Fat 32. You can from what I understand on a Mac fairly easily. However, on PC (Windows) you need another program to format anything larger than 32 GB. Also, depending on where you get your SD card or micro SD card you can pay upwards of $40 for a 128 GB Micro SD card. However, you may be able to get a micro SD card for cheaper on Amazon or eBay.

Note that if you choose to go the larger SD card route be aware that any 3DS can only read 32 GB SD cards. You'll need to format your SD card to Fat 32. You can from what I understand on a Mac fairly easily. However, on PC (Windows) you need another program to format anything larger than 32 GB. Also, depending on where you get your SD card or micro SD card you can pay upwards of $40 for a 128 GB Micro SD card. However, you may be able to get a micro SD card for cheaper on Amazon or eBay.

Thanks... but what's the reason for 3DS limits? They really can't handle too much space/potential for more space(?!) I only wanted to save pictures that I'll upload, but it can't even do this?!

Thanks... but what's the reason for 3DS limits? They really can't handle too much space/potential for more space(?!) I only wanted to save pictures that I'll upload, but it can't even do this?!

When the 3DS first came out I can understand the 32 GB limit. However, as the 3DS evolved and upgraded why Nintendo didn't upgrade the 32 GB limit is beyond me. I really think Nintendo should have allowed more space availability in terms of allowing the New 3DS to read larger than 32 GB.

However, formatting your SD card isn't too difficult. I found this link that mentions the 3DS [url=https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/format-128gb-sd-card-to-fat32-3889.html]Fat 32 Format Guide & Program[/URL] This link is assuming you have a PC and Windows 10. Here's a link if you have a Mac > [url=https://boneview.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/16000000071-format-sd-card-to-fat32-on-a-mac-computer]Fat 32 Mac Format Guide[/URL]

Also, another thing to note the larger capacity SD cards when properly formatted may take longer for the system to read possibly causing a delay when opening from sleep mode or when turning on. In the event that you need to replace/repair your system for what ever reason Nintendo won't do a system transfer when you send in your old system for replacement/repair. While the process of formatting the SD card won't void your 3DS's warranty; Nintendo apparently won't touch anything exceeding a 32 GB SD card. I know this because I dealt with this very situation myself. I personally have a formatted Fat 32 64 GB SD card in my 3DS right now.

When the 3DS first came out I can understand the 32 GB limit. However, as the 3DS evolved and upgraded why Nintendo didn't upgrade the 32 GB limit is beyond me. I really think Nintendo should have allowed more space availability in terms of allowing the New 3DS to read larger than 32 GB.

However, formatting your SD card isn't too difficult. I found this link that mentions the 3DS Fat 32 Format Guide & Program This link is assuming you have a PC and Windows 10. Here's a link if you have a Mac > Fat 32 Mac Format Guide

Also, another thing to note the larger capacity SD cards when properly formatted may take longer for the system to read possibly causing a delay when opening from sleep mode or when turning on. In the event that you need to replace/repair your system for what ever reason Nintendo won't do a system transfer when you send in your old system for replacement/repair. While the process of formatting the SD card won't void your 3DS's warranty; Nintendo apparently won't touch anything exceeding a 32 GB SD card. I know this because I dealt with this very situation myself. I personally have a formatted Fat 32 64 GB SD card in my 3DS right now.

Ah... I have Windows 10! (It was a forced update for my tablet) I'll look at that, thanks!

Why not go for the traditional pencil and paper? :p I find it practically impossible to draw something decently on the 3DS system. Don't get me wrong, I've seen people make amazing work on the 3DS but I personally feel drawing on it is very awkward and lacking in some features that I'd normally want.

Why not go for the traditional pencil and paper? :p I find it practically impossible to draw something decently on the 3DS system. Don't get me wrong, I've seen people make amazing work on the 3DS but I personally feel drawing on it is very awkward and lacking in some features that I'd normally want.

I have NO WAY to upload my physical drawings online.. :(
...I need something that can quickly get what I drew and show everyone for me!

128 GB for micro sd if New Nintendo 3DS

128 GB for micro sd if New Nintendo 3DS

Thanks! It just so happens, I finally made a plan that should coincide with Black Friday! Hopefully everything turns out well, and I should have a SD card and/or a XP-Pen G430 OSU Tablet Ultrathin Graphic Tablet 4 x 3 inch Digital Tablet Drawing Pen Tablet for osu! I'm so excited!!! :D

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Back