Crossplay for Fighting Games?

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
I was thinking, crossplay for fighting games would be pretty cool. And, there wouldnt be an advantage for different consoles either, since fighting games are pretty basic. Crossplay would mean quicker match making time, and a better player base. One problem i have with Samurai Showdown (i play on Xbox) is that the match making time is horrible! It takes for ever for competitive mode, and barely anyone plays casual. Once in a while, i'll get a good match, but im mostly stuck on campaign, arcade, or practice. What do u guys think?

Have you seen how different a Gamecube controller is to the others? I think it would work but it's really up to the devs on how they market their games. If it has a Switch release and there's a Switch tax I wouldn't want crossplay if it means they won't buy this game over the others. But if the game doesn't sell in general and I can outsource to China to rework the game for other consoles maybe. In general just having a game on one console doesn't bother me. I think there are still people playing online in groups. You just have to find them.

Fighting games should have had crossplay for a long time now. You don't get any controller advantage (mouse/keyboard) and the games run pretty much the same on all consoles. Games like SFV, KI already have crossplay with Pc and their respective consoles and it works great, but Tekken 7 does not. Imagine if Tekken 7 did have crossplay across all platforms, how easy would it be to find matches?

Reactions: phofufury
I was thinking, crossplay for fighting games would be pretty cool. And, there wouldnt be an advantage for different consoles either, since fighting games are pretty basic. Crossplay would mean quicker match making time, and a better player base. One problem i have with Samurai Showdown (i play on Xbox) is that the match making time is horrible! It takes for ever for competitive mode, and barely anyone plays casual. Once in a while, i'll get a good match, but im mostly stuck on campaign, arcade, or practice. What do u guys think?
Crossplay would be a nice feature so I don't have to wait 30 MINUTES to get a match, but it's okay if it doesn't. Plus, add crossplay adds a bit of depth to the Metagame. I don't want too many platforms, as. I do tend to get overwhelmed if there are more than 5 or 10 options.

Back