Custom Stages return again?

• Thread starter Super Smash Jordan
  • Start date
Super Smash Jordan

Super Smash Jordan

Anime Lover, Smash Player, Gamer of Heart
Towns Folk
If the custom stages return I'm just hoping for one thing: that everyone would be able to use their own music and upload it to the stage. But you have to make a loop so you can here the best part of the song over again, but don't make it sound annoying so you won't be annoyed. What do you think would be better in making custom stages?

I think that it will return again. I never really used it much in Brawl though.

That would be amazing. But in that case, I expect more possibilities than in Brawl. By this, I mean more blocks dealing damage (lava, anyone ?), and expanded limitation (not like in Brawl where you place ~50 blocks and then, you can't add blocks anymore).

Also, please, Nintendo, make the custom stages playable online! I don't care with strangers, but it might be fun with friends, or members here! Who knows, maybe people will make special stages with special rules :sneaky: (Labyrinth where the first to die wins [by touching the blast lines], anyone ?)

I do hope it makes a return. Making your own stage was an amazing experience. You make it how crazy you want. ;)

I agree with the music thing. It would be nice to have a nice selection of tunes to make it better.

I hope they do return so we can have more of these (people with creative ideas for custom stages):
Also if they do add this feature it would be neat if you could have photos for backgrounds for custom stages (although I'm not sure if that would work in online play...). But with custom movesets/ equipment/ unlockables and the bigger amount of data (not sure how much) for each of the difficulty levels of Classic mode (.1 to 9.9) and the stuff that is usually in Smash like Events/Multi Man Brawl/ All-Star Mode. Then again I could be wrong since I've been wrong before (this all could definitely fit in the Wii U version). Hope it also comes back for more tournament/other multiplayer ideas/ possibilities.

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
I hope they do return so we can have more of these (people with creative ideas for custom stages):
Also if they do add this feature it would be neat if you could have photos for backgrounds for custom stages (although I'm not sure if that would work in online play...). But with custom movesets/ equipment/ unlockables and the bigger amount of data (not sure how much) for each of the difficulty levels of Classic mode (.1 to 9.9) and the stuff that is usually in Smash like Events/Multi Man Brawl/ All-Star Mode. Then again I could be wrong since I've been wrong before (this all could definitely fit in the Wii U version). Hope it also comes back for more tournament/other multiplayer ideas/ possibilities.

That could even fit in the 3DS version.
I don't know if you checked your Wii's SD after creating a stage, but your stage becomes nothing more than a small, binary file. And basically, the file itself works like a grid. If there's not any block, then it's air (ID: 0).
If there's a block, then, I'll check the behaviour (moving, static or special block), then I'll save it with an ID that all blocks with the same, exact properties have.
So, every block has a special behaviour and ID (and the Wii won't think that your ice block is the same as your falling block.
As for the size, the music and the background, I think it is either at the beginning of the file (before the grid) or at the end (after the grid). But given how the Wii would interpret the file, it's more plausible to think that it's at the beginning of the file.

So, playing custom stages online would totally be possible, as it would only a few Kb to download in the memory of each machine. And, I admit that we should have custom background/music, but that would increase the size of the stage. But who knows ? Maybe the game would compress both the music and the background, maybe even making it smaller than 5Mo!

Also, don't forget the 3DS version. It may looks limited for a handheld, but she has potential to do (lotsa spaghettis)
a lot of things.

Finally, sorry for the lesson of programming, but that was the only way for me I had to explain how custom stage works.

Yes, it would be nice and I expect it to come back, but I doubt it will be on 3DS.

I hope it does return for the 3ds. I mean wii u got Mario maker XD. And it turned out pretty well with Mario vs DK for 3ds. Why not here?

I hope it does return, maybe you can now make autoscrolling stages and use the background of other stages, it would be fun if you could make stages using elements and hazards from other stages.

I hope it does, SSB4's stage builder should improve some stuff, like, more hazards, etc.

Ssssssss...saltypepper??!? Is that really you??? Glad to see you buddy! Anyways I already said what I wanted to see in The new stage maker should it return but one thing has been bugging me, will we be able to make one that takes place in smash run in the 3ds version?

I'd only like it to be included if they let you play them online with friends. Also they'd need to add more customization options.

Although I really doubt it will return because they haven't said anything about it and the game comes out in 3 months.

Also, you should be able to collect other people's custom stages. That would be cool.

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
If it returns I want backgrounds from other stage and more things to use to build.

i think it will appear on both 3ds and wii u. If it is only for 3ds, then who will want to wait till '' 2014 holiday '' to buy a wii u version? How ever, custom stage return is really a great news.

probably on the wii u but on the 3ds, I don't think so. Wii u got Mario maker and If they couldn't make that for 3ds then they will most likely make for wii u only

The problem with the Brawl level maker is that it just felt so plain, why make plain, ho-hum stages if you can play on stylized, great stages in the main mode. If they're bringing it back I hope they spice some things up.

Yes, this would be a cool feature. It should have ability to add custom music, share online, and battle with friends. It would also be fun to add some bosses like Rayquaza. A stage with a boss would play more like a level from Subspace Emissary. You could have the option to either co-op it with friends or even battle your friend while you move through the level.

I think they would always put the custom stage since it's an recent game but what i am interested more is in the new stages will they release DLC stages or an actual update would be cool for the game but i almost love all the stage and in my they should just add new stages they should update they current stages.

Back