"Customization" Super Smash Bros, 3DS Version

• Thread starter Bugalet
  • Start date
Bugalet

Bugalet

Link
Towns Folk
I know this is late news, but Nintendo came out and said that the 3DS version of Smash Bros will be the customizable version, whereas the Wii U one will be a competition based one. What do you guys think that they mean by customizable? Do you think that they're going to have your Mii fight? Or do you think something else, like custom clothes for link?

I know this is late news, but Nintendo came out and said that the 3DS version of Smash Bros will be the customizable version, whereas the Wii U one will be a competition based one. What do you guys think that they mean by customizable? Do you think that they're going to have your Mii fight? Or do you think something else, like custom clothes for link?
Sakurai on what kind of customization Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS will offer…

“Perhaps the best way to think of it is: it’s not the strength of the attacks that change–their power–but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization.”

My source: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...s-wii-u3ds-customization-fighting-genre-more/

In other words, it would seem that "customizable" could be something entirely different than what you suggested lol

Sakurai on what kind of customization Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS will offer…

“Perhaps the best way to think of it is: it’s not the strength of the attacks that change–their power–but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization.”

My source: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...s-wii-u3ds-customization-fighting-genre-more/

In other words, it would seem that "customizable" could be something entirely different than what you suggested lol
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info!

Maybe there will be a Character Creator in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS where you can make your own character(s).

My thoughts:
The Backgrounds of certain Stages can be changed.
Taunts can be changed.
Miis will be you enemies in Multi-Man Brawl
You can create your own event matches and share them online.
Custom stages (and sharing)
Unlockable Character accessories that don't or do affect certain characters.
Brawl AR Cards that give you trophies (or are just there for taking pictures of them) that unlock things.
Multiple character skins like replacing one Toon Link skin with a Young Link one or Pikachu can change into a Pichu one that plays like Pichu.

I wish the character Tempo from Harmoknight had made it into the series,or I guess we should at least have a musical stage based on the handheld classic.

lol i think that - well i hope that what they mean by customization is like the characters - like you can change their moves and learn more - like pokemon :p and like appearance can be changed too :p hopefully :p

I'm guessing the this "customization" meant that you could edit your character moves, I think. After watching the Direct I gathered that information, also, I think that you can connect the Wii U to the 3DS and share the customized moves, and I'm not sure if they meant the "Smash Run" feature, where your character stats are customized/upgraded and then you battle out your upgraded character in battle.

As @Reece said, the latest Nintendo Direct (09/04/14) said that we'll be able to change characters' moves. However, maybe Nintendo's also planning to port the Stage Maker from Brawl to SSB4, with more possibilities (like lava or others things). Finally, another member thought that we'll (maybe) be able to make customs "Targets" stages and share them. To be confirmed, however.

There are some Youtube videos online of people making intense obstacle courses out of stage builder without taking damage. I would be neat if there was a way you could share them and a custom Target mode would mean that would be possible (it would also be homage to the challenging NES titles' difficulties) and there should be a built in course for inspiration.

yeah thats probably what they meant by customization ! to be able to change moves and also we are gonna be able to make our own courses ! maybe they could mean features too :p

I don't think you'll exactly be able to make new moves or character, but deck out your character with the skills or attacks you want. Maybe you could set item preferences so that the game knows what items you like using (could be a cool feature). As for the Wii U, I wonder what changes if its competitive oriented. Will it have some special ranking system or online battle mode?

As for the Wii U, I wonder what changes if its competitive oriented. Will it have some special ranking system or online battle mode?

Both. The Smash Bros. Nintendo confirmed that you'll have some kind of ranking system when you challenge other players online. However, I think there will be a high chance that this feature will be disabled when playing with friends.

Then what exactly will the Wii U change from the 3DS version? If the Wii U won't have the same customization options, then what will it have apart from all the shared features? I don't understand what Sakurai means by competition-oriented.

Back