Cyber Attack.

• Thread starter Mario1992
  • Start date
Mario1992

Mario1992

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
If you did not know.

The UK has a “two-week period” to protect itself from a major computer virus that could give hackers access to sensitive information (Bank details ect) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27681236

So maybe wise tov regularly update your latest antivirus software and possibly change your passwords.

Reactions: Mikaya
Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to do what you said. Since I live in the UK. :p

I have a good antivirus software program. lets hope it works its magic. xD

also, looks like my ISP will send me a notice too, so that may be useful.

By the way, isn't the virus called BKDR_VAWTRAK ? I have heard that it has been causing big trouble all over the Japan by disabling anti-viruses' functionalities. 53 anti-viruses, to be exact. And it tracks sensitive info as its main objective.

So, even for non-UK people, you have to be cautious with this one.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's this one finally, but stay alert, as both target Windows.
And, it seems like it's a variant of Zeus (who is a virus), who have been active lately worldwide.

By the way, isn't the virus called BKDR_VAWTRAK ? I have heard that it has been causing big trouble all over the Japan by disabling anti-viruses' functionalities. 53 anti-viruses, to be exact. And it tracks sensitive info as its main objective.

So, even for non-UK people, you have to be cautious with this one.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's this one finally, but stay alert, as both target Windows.
And, it seems like it's a variant of Zeus (who is a virus), who have been active lately worldwide.
I done some research, even went hunting for one, and found out the following:
  • Type of rootkit
  • Looks like Zeus but is even more advanced in worm mechanism
  • Has a kill switch
  • Has a very malicious payload
  • Is a worm
  • Has an installed DDoS payload
  • Has an installed ransomeware payload
  • Backdoor
It is VERY similar to that one over in Japan. Basically, it acts like a lethal file zombie virus pandemic. Watch out!

Always happen Bank attacks those hacker don't know if the world is free there wouldn't be no life because everyone would be slacking off.

Back