PS Dark Soul 1 & 2

• Thread starter SilverOwl
  • Start date
SilverOwl

SilverOwl

Guardian
Banned User
who here has played this series? its one of the most difficult games ever, but if you can figure out the way the game plays and use your head, this game can be very rewarding. i have both 1 & 2 and for new comers 2 is the way to go, dark souls 2 is on ps3, 360, ps4, and xbox one. so you have a good option to be able to play this amazing game. the graphics are top notch. if you use your head and observe your surroundings then this game gets somewhat easier, it is a trial and error game but when you beat each boss, you feel like you have accomplished something great. the online part is great, as you can have somebody summoned to your game and help you beat bosses. you can also be summoned into others games to help them, it all works out so smoothly.
but watch out, some players can and will invade your game with the only goal of killing you.

I really love the Souls series. They are both challenging without being extremely unfair (except for Bed of Chaos, screw that guy lol)
However, I preferred the approach they did for boss designs of the first game better, though. They looked more unique and memorable in their own ways. Dark Souls 2 bosses were mostly just armored dudes (Pursuer, Smelter, Velstadt, Dragonrider, Throne Defender/Watcher, Looking Glass Knight, Ruin Sentinels... You get the point) and fights against these guys were heavily biased towards blunt weapons. To be fair though, DkS2 has Darklurker and that guy is pretty fun and tricky to fight.

I really love the Souls series. They are both challenging without being extremely unfair (except for Bed of Chaos, screw that guy lol)
However, I preferred the approach they did for boss designs of the first game better, though. They looked more unique and memorable in their own ways. Dark Souls 2 bosses were mostly just armored dudes (Pursuer, Smelter, Velstadt, Dragonrider, Throne Defender/Watcher, Looking Glass Knight, Ruin Sentinels... You get the point) and fights against these guys were heavily biased towards blunt weapons. To be fair though, DkS2 has Darklurker and that guy is pretty fun and tricky to fight.

have you played the actually first souls game?(Demon's Souls)? It only came out on the ps3. Many say it is the hardest out of all three. I played it back when it first came out, and is really the game that got me into the series to begin with. I just ordered one from amazon, so that i could complete the trilogy on my ps3. It looks and feels more like Dark Souls 1 but it doesnt have an intertwined world like DS1. If you die in demons souls you go to a place called nexus where you level up and buy/upgrade your equiptment. It is a wonderful game and if you have access to a ps3 i would highly highly recommend you trying it, since you have enjoyed its two sequals.

Also let me say that the main guy behind dark souls 1 was also behind demons souls. dark souls 2 had a different guy. as you can tell the difference in gameplay from dark souls 1 & 2. demons souls has the feel of DS1. whats interesting about demons souls is from the nexus you can attempt to tackle any level(like area) first, but the game does have a certain order that makes things a little bit easier. And even tho it has less bosses than dark souls 1, the boss fights are very memoriable. check out the video's of it on youtube.

I played and loved Bloodborne earlier this year. I just got Dark Souls 2 for PS4 at Best Buy because it was super cheap, excited to play it.

have you played the actually first souls game?(Demon's Souls)? It only came out on the ps3. Many say it is the hardest out of all three. I played it back when it first came out, and is really the game that got me into the series to begin with. I just ordered one from amazon, so that i could complete the trilogy on my ps3. It looks and feels more like Dark Souls 1 but it doesnt have an intertwined world like DS1. If you die in demons souls you go to a place called nexus where you level up and buy/upgrade your equiptment. It is a wonderful game and if you have access to a ps3 i would highly highly recommend you trying it, since you have enjoyed its two sequals.

Also let me say that the main guy behind dark souls 1 was also behind demons souls. dark souls 2 had a different guy. as you can tell the difference in gameplay from dark souls 1 & 2. demons souls has the feel of DS1. whats interesting about demons souls is from the nexus you can attempt to tackle any level(like area) first, but the game does have a certain order that makes things a little bit easier. And even tho it has less bosses than dark souls 1, the boss fights are very memoriable. check out the video's of it on youtube.
I've played some Demon's Souls up until my PS3's HDMI port/cable broke. Last place I've been to was the Shrine of Storms. It definitely is more challenging because being in Soul Form instantly halves health versus DkS2's gradual reduction every death (God bless the Cling Ring. So useful). And the whole "World Tendency" was quite confusing at the start. I had to load up a guide to help me understand it haha. I'm determined to finish it when I get the PS3 fixed.

Reactions: SilverOwl
I've played some Demon's Souls up until my PS3's HDMI port/cable broke. Last place I've been to was the Shrine of Storms. It definitely is more challenging because being in Soul Form instantly halves health versus DkS2's gradual reduction every death (God bless the Cling Ring. So useful). And the whole "World Tendency" was quite confusing at the start. I had to load up a guide to help me understand it haha. I'm determined to finish it when I get the PS3 fixed.

for some reason i have had dark souls 2 for some time, but recently i got the first dark souls for the first time and it is kicking my <censored>. i really dont understand what i am doing wrong. but i can tell their is a big difficulty difference from 1 and 2.

Maybe you're going to the wrong places at the moment? I've seen people ending up in places like the Catacombs way before they're supposed to be going there ^__^

I finished ds1 on pc a couple months ago, without online interactions. Without controller, just keyboard and mouse. Which is a lot harder cause you just can't parry nor sneak cause all you got is the keys to walk you around. I had some problems with lag in some parts which meant i had to do some leveling untill i could do the tank approuch, specifically for ceasless discharge. My pc won't be able to run the newer games from the series though :\

Maybe you're going to the wrong places at the moment? I've seen people ending up in places like the Catacombs way before they're supposed to be going there ^__^

i have not been to the catacombs yet, but i just ranged the second bell, then a buddy told me i missed the depths all together, so thats where i am now, how do i get the soul keeper back on the bonfire at the very first part of the game the firekeep place?

If she's already dead then that means you got a Black Eye Orb to get her soul back.
Use it on the room before Ornstein and Smough on Anor Londo. You won't miss it since the game will tell you the item is reacting to the room or something like that. Be prepared though, you'll be invading an NPC with two of his buddies when you use the item. Kill him and you get your Keeper on Firelink back.

If she's already dead then that means you got a Black Eye Orb to get her soul back.
Use it on the room before Ornstein and Smough on Anor Londo. You won't miss it since the game will tell you the item is reacting to the room or something like that. Be prepared though, you'll be invading an NPC with two of his buddies when you use the item. Kill him and you get your Keeper on Firelink back.

I haven't been to anor londo yet, I don't think. But I do have a black eye orb. I went back and bay the depths. Since I accidently skipped it. I got the one key for blightown but I have already been to blightown, so I'm not sure where to use the key. So I don't know where to go next, except the one place with the rolling ball. That's where I'm stuck at

I played Dark Souls 2 once on my Xbox 360. I died like a gazillion times on the tutorial level, so I took out the DVD broke it into a gazillion pieces and I'm living a happy life since.

I played Dark Souls 2 once on my Xbox 360. I died like a gazillion times on the tutorial level, so I took out the DVD broke it into a gazillion pieces and I'm living a happy life since.

well you didnt give it a chance, if you can figure out the controls, it can be a very rewarding game. dark souls 2 is the easiest one.

I haven't been to anor londo yet, I don't think. But I do have a black eye orb. I went back and bay the depths. Since I accidently skipped it. I got the one key for blightown but I have already been to blightown, so I'm not sure where to use the key. So I don't know where to go next, except the one place with the rolling ball. That's where I'm stuck at
omg welcome to Sen's Funhouse

Depending on which rolling ball you're dealing with, you either have to run away from it down a flight of stairs or go up in between each boulder

omg welcome to Sen's Funhouse

Depending on which rolling ball you're dealing with, you either have to run away from it down a flight of stairs or go up in between each boulder

i hate this place. no wonder its called sens fortress. its the worst part so far for me. at least i have a fire longsword +5

Back