Datamined images that will make us believe Paladins is coming to the Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Apparently some guy named Marxally discovered some images from datamining the latest updates of Paladins and it suggests that the game will be heading to the Nintendo Switch.

The images are mostly supposed to tell us that joy-cons are going to be supported :

W443nb0.png

...and it's not like the joy-cons work on gaming PCs like the pro controller :redpanda:

So yah, are you excited?

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
I will never object to well made free to play games. Even if its a blatant ripoff of another game. This could easily be faked but that makes it more believable.

As long as it's the actual game and not the dumb Battle Royale mode, or Paladins Strike, I'll play it for sure. I quite enjoy playing it with friends on PC, so even though I hate any kind of shooters with a controller, it might be fun since I can think of a couple of character's who might be good to play with a controller.

I thought joy cons were usb compatible? And you can sync to some computers? Anyways for some reason I belive this despite not beieving most rumors... seems legit lol.

I thought joy cons were usb compatible? And you can sync to some computers? Anyways for some reason I belive this despite not beieving most rumors... seems legit lol.
Joycons can connect to pc via Bluetooth. One thing I hadn’t considered before is that paladins isn’t ran from steam. Steam was adding support to pro Controllers, but that doesn’t mean high rez cant make thier own launcher support joycons. This might actually be more likely as this was datamined from the pc version of the game. Why would they put this in the data for the pc version so they can put it in the switch version?

Reactions: Duffy
If it’s a cool game and it’s free, I’m downloading it. No questions asked.

If it’s a cool game and it’s free, I’m downloading it. No questions asked.
I think it's free. It most likely just has in-game purchases.

Reactions: Samster
Paladins is a free game, but it has like a VIP subscription, another subscription that unlocks all the heroes instantly, and now there's a battle pass. There's also cosmetics and stuff you can buy. There is a lot of microtransations, but as someone who's spent a lot of hours in it in its beta stage, I've never spent a single penny on it and I've not felt any major restrictions from it.

I just don't have any really cool cosmetics like a couple of my friends do, but for the most part, they're still obtainable if I really wanted them.

Reactions: Samster and Marc
Sweet! If I really like the game, I’m not opposed to treating myself to a little in game content every now and then. :sneaky:

There is some awesome looking cosmetics, this is one for example that I've been working on getting ever since it's release:
It's only avalible in the VIP store, but however, at least in the beta, you can get VIP points on every game, no matter the outcome. You just get more if you win. So it's a bit of a huge grind if you want it without paying for VIP, but still reachable.

Apparently the beta is over. According to Facebook its out of beta now. I should probably play the game before i judge it. It seems to have much less vertical movement than overwatch, so its probably a bit less hard to aim..

Apparently the beta is over. According to Facebook its out of beta now. I should probably play the game before i judge it. It seems to have much less vertical movement than overwatch, so its probably a bit less hard to aim..

Yup, the game recently came out of beta, and if you managed to play any of the beta, if you sign in with that count any time this month you'll get 200 gems. Imo, it really depends on what champion you pick. There's SO many different play styles and so many different heroes with new ones constantly coming out (Or at least, I hope they still continue releasing champions now that they're out of beta..).

I'd say give it a whirl, it's free, and you can test out all of the heroes without needing to own them in the shooting range so you can try all the different play styles there.

Yup, the game recently came out of beta, and if you managed to play any of the beta, if you sign in with that count any time this month you'll get 200 gems. Imo, it really depends on what champion you pick. There's SO many different play styles and so many different heroes with new ones constantly coming out (Or at least, I hope they still continue releasing champions now that they're out of beta..).

I'd say give it a whirl, it's free, and you can test out all of the heroes without needing to own them in the shooting range so you can try all the different play styles there.
Steam is currently installing Paladins and the Paladins Public Test, so once they're done (which won't be for ages since my internet is ridiculously slow), I'll give them a whirl.

Reactions: 28142
I feel like the Overwatch trend has died out to a point of the sparking popularity of that game is near gone. Paladins survived as being a free alternative I still say rip off of Overwatch. It isn’t like we are getting Overwatch on Switch (and Blizzard wouldn’t gain much out of doing so) so this might be the only hero FPS switch may get.

I feel like the Overwatch trend has died out to a point of the sparking popularity of that game is near gone. Paladins survived as being a free alternative I still say rip off of Overwatch. It isn’t like we are getting Overwatch on Switch (and Blizzard wouldn’t gain much out of doing so) so this might be the only hero FPS switch may get.

As someone who's played a lot of both Paladins and Overwatch, they are quite different games. They have a quite different feel to them as for example, Paladins had a card based system, Overwatch is just, the heroes are who they are.

The main thing Paladins has over Overwatch imo is that it has a lot more champions/heroes to pick from, and they all feel quite unique, where Overwatch has started to just become kind of mash-ups of other heroes from it.

As someone who's played a lot of both Paladins and Overwatch, they are quite different games. They have a quite different feel to them as for example, Paladins had a card based system, Overwatch is just, the heroes are who they are.

The main thing Paladins has over Overwatch imo is that it has a lot more champions/heroes to pick from, and they all feel quite unique, where Overwatch has started to just become kind of mash-ups of other heroes from it.
This is probably true, and I wouldn’t know because I haven’t played paladins. One thing i like alot about overwatch is how every hero is who they are, and thier ability’s never change. So when you fight a good genji you know its a genji, you know his abilities, and you can respect that genji because you have played genji and were really bad at it. This might be the case in paladins too, but it’s probably a bit different as some people can use one character in a completely different way than another person, removing the ability to instantly realate to the enemy. The added characters are a bit of a problem though. Either they ran out of ideas or they just wanted to fit the new characters within the lore, but either way its weird. The new characters do fit in pretty easily though, so maybe thats what they were going for.

If it does come out , I'll give it a chance. Never played a game like it really.

Played it with my friend, and it's not bad. I don't care which, but having free games for the Switch is good, even if they're not very good. For a free one, it's great.

Update on the datamined things. Joycons have changed colour + text file found.

2jUSWXC.png

1961b731693d0d2440ad554a3d4668ef.png

Back