Dataminer Reveals Possible Port of Star Wars: Republic Commando?

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
According to data miner @NWPlayer123, Star Wars: Republic Commando is possibly coming to the Switch due to update data for it being uploaded to Nintendo's servers. The publisher Aspyr has brought games such as Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Jedi Knight 2, Jedi Outcast, & Episode 1 Racer, so them releasing another classic game isn't such a stretch. If you don't know what Star Wars: Republic Commando is, here's the Steam link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/6000/STAR_WARS_Republic_Commando/

Sources:

You know what they say about licensed games being bad or average? I think this one looks average. I know Star Wars has been around forever but there is nothing new in the design direction to my knowledge and falls under the same category as "I'll buy this game again because it's been ported". That being said it's a first to Nintendo so really let's hope these Star Wars fans have money saved for Metroid Prime 4 as well.

Reactions: Jisenku
Tbh, this doesn't look to bad. I got the Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and was a bit disappointed. I had it for the OG Xbox and loved it, would play couch co-op on multiplayer with my brothers and had a blast. However, playing by yourself with bots isnt fun.... the story is quite like i remember it though, so that makes it up. This one looks a little more interesting, I played it for a few min on Xbox Gold and liked it. I like how you don't use light sabers as well. I hope it's good on Switch tho.

Reactions: Duffy
This would not surprise me given the Jedi Knight games are on switch. Limited Run Games might doo a physical of this too.

this could make fir a entertaining star wars game on the switch.
it would be desirable for physcial release if it is possible.
hope it is true info , i think its cool and worth giving a try.
if it does come out to be real , it likely is not going to be coming out this year it could get delays , maybe even the silent ones where they not announce anything until end of 2021 at earliest.

Back