SSB for 3DS Dealing With Spammers

• Thread starter Minipuffball
  • Start date
Minipuffball

Minipuffball

Go Big or go home
Towns Folk
An easy way to deal with spammers is just to keep short hopping and keep close with your opponent by attacking not allowing your opponent to get away to spam.

Link, Toon Link, and Samus all are character that I myself classify them as extreme spammers (not all though) but before every projectiles are thrown they need some time probably 3 frames (rough estimation not to sure) as long as you are up close attacking your opponent they will not have the time to spam projectiles in which all you have to deal with is their attempts to roll away and to spam. What you do is keep close, read their rolls after their countless efforts to get away from you. All you really have to be careful of is their smash attack because mainly all their projectiles come from down b, side b, or b depending on the character.

Dealing with sonic who spams b, All you really have to do is shield and when the ball (sonic) pass go for the punishes.

These are all small tips to deal with spammers and can increase your chance to win.

If I forgot any other spamming character which I am sure I did please comment below

Spammer aren't really a problem. Sometimes I stand from a distance and let them spam, and every single projectile I would perfect shield (much like level 9 CPUs). With sonic that spam b I just stay on the ground and shield, he hits the ground and is unable to act out of it, leaving him open for a punish. I think another spammer (though not often) is Olimars that throw Pikmin everywhere. With these, just be brave and let the Pikmin hook onto you, run up to him as he throws so that by the time he's done you can punish him, and rid the Pikmin as well.

one more thing: if you're using a fighter that can reflect or absorb projectiles, you could always punish them with their own attacks. another big spammer I've found is the villager. since most villagers like to spam their side airs, it's usually a good idea to either get above the villager and hit them where they can't begin their spam combos, or stay near to the ground and dodge the attack, then run up and punish them while they're still trapped in the attack animation.

These are great tips but may I also add that spammers can also spam close ranged like little mac in order to deal with them shield or sidestep do not dodge as you are very vulnerable to down smash. Jk if someone is spamming with little mac just throw them off the side of the stage and edge guard

Spammer aren't really a problem. Sometimes I stand from a distance and let them spam, and every single projectile I would perfect shield (much like level 9 CPUs). With sonic that spam b I just stay on the ground and shield, he hits the ground and is unable to act out of it, leaving him open for a punish. I think another spammer (though not often) is Olimars that throw Pikmin everywhere. With these, just be brave and let the Pikmin hook onto you, run up to him as he throws so that by the time he's done you can punish him, and rid the Pikmin as well.
If you are versing link, smaus, or toon link you dont have much of an option to just stand back because then time would end and SD would occur, though it be a really good practice for perfect shielding xD
And for Sonic and Olimar I completely agree

xD
These are great tips but may I also add that spammers can also spam close ranged like little mac in order to deal with them shield or sidestep do not dodge as you are very vulnerable to down smash. Jk if someone is spamming with little mac just throw them off the side of the stage and edge guard
Agreed

one more thing: if you're using a fighter that can reflect or absorb projectiles, you could always punish them with their own attacks. another big spammer I've found is the villager. since most villagers like to spam their side airs, it's usually a good idea to either get above the villager and hit them where they can't begin their spam combos, or stay near to the ground and dodge the attack, then run up and punish them while they're still trapped in the attack animation.
haha I don't know much of villager moves so I cant say much but versing villager quite annoying especially the rocket and slingshot so I suggest to just jump over like you said and get above them :)
thanks for the advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Spammers are noobs. If you can not play one should leave it and do not spam or commit ragequit. I hate it.

The worst part about dealing with spammers online isn't even their tactics - it's the lag that can occasionally make them difficult to counter. I dunno what it is, but it's pretty striking that the effortless only-press-B players also tend to be the laggiest.

Generally, never letting off the pressure is a good idea for not just the spammers, but For Glory players in general. For Glory players usually are not good players and don't know how to deal with constant pressure. While on this topic, make note of two habits a lot of For Glory players have: when they use a smash attack, hit or miss, most will roll back and not follow up; when hit and sent flying, most will jump as soon as the hitstun has ended.

Also, as an aside, use the all pressure all the time strategy against even good Links. I think I'm a pretty competent Link player, and good Link play pretty much relies on having the time and space to create a constant wall of hitboxes. While his sword is good, his true power is being a spectacular zoner. Don't let him zone. I wouldn't expect to run into many Links like that online, though.

The best option against a spammer is punishment. Not reflecting/countering unless you are into risky things like that but more or less jumping over projectiles shot and using Nair with characters like ZSS, Olimar, and most characters in general to mess their move up however reads are involved and reactions matter just as much. Lag is on the screen but never on your buttons (okay if it's really bad then it might be) but if you know you have medium good or better internet it's all up to you to know your character and punish accordingly. The best way to face great opponents is try to stay as close to them as possible and get on their nerves with your faster moves and reads like said above.

Link/Toon Link/Peach down b spammer can be stopped by catching the projectiles with an airdoge, or if you have a reflect our save.for all the not catchable projectiles you have to jump to get closer, but wait that what they want you to do! they will grab or upsmash you when you jump over them or land infront of them. good way to deal with that is counter or god aerials like fair and dair.

Projectiles and spammers are a really big issue. There are projectiles that can be absorbed, grabbed, reflected, or can even parry. Dealing with link spamming the bow, you can just jump in the air and when you get close onto the ground, you can double jump or air dodge for the attack to miss. I know it can be annoying and in sudden death are deadly weapons if charged up all the way. But if you happen to be little Mac, chances are, you'll be safe if you can side b to them when certain projectiles are shot at you. Just make sure to not go for a for glory off the edge.

Link/Toon Link/Peach down b spammer can be stopped by catching the projectiles with an airdoge, or if you have a reflect our save.for all the not catchable projectiles you have to jump to get closer, but wait that what they want you to do! they will grab or upsmash you when you jump over them or land infront of them. good way to deal with that is counter or god aerials like fair and dair.
eh toon link's usally don't spam

Most spammers I see use physical attacks or specials, which makes it a lot easier for people who counter. But Pikachu B, Ness/Lucas PK Fire, I could easily get closer by jumping and using Shulk's Back Slash, which could avoid some projectiles if times properly. I could try Dark Pit because if I'm correct, his side special can reflect projectiles and the added bonus of Super Armor will come in handy for a close up attack.

When people spam at you, it's really really annoying xP I find Pikachu's Neutral Special the most annoying, even the sound effects I find irritating. But it's an easy task to deal with spammers if you can focus well you can punish , counter or reflect which is useful. Dodging by jumping is also helpful.

Overall spammers aren't much of an issue really except for its annoyance.

What about a Ness that spams PK Fire, Down Throw, and the dreaded Back Throw or Wario's Bike?
In my opinion spamming can be annoying, to the point that when me and my friends play Brawl unless you get him from choosing random you can't intentionally pick Meta Knight (but now he's so nerfed no one uses him) but in the Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS all the characters are fairly balanced so most moves used for spamming were nerfed and now give the opponent a chance to retaliate.

I just power shield and go for optimal combo openings. Or go for the quick kill move

Back