• Defensive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hikki

Hikki

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
If you haven't seen my team yet here is the link:
http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/m...nd-partly-un-ev-trained-team-currently.16732/

Offensive:
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz (Changed from Giga Drain to Bug Buzz because it didn't work well for me on Showdown)
- Roost

Defensive:
Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
I really want Offensive but I have TONs of sweepers plus quiver dance is kinda self-sufficent. :/

Offensive, but I'd change your EV spread to 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe and a Timid nature, it'll allow you to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus T at +1, I'd also change your item to a Lum Berry and you should consider running Hp Ground over Bug Buzz so you'll have coverage against Heatran and Char X.

Volarona functions better as a defensive set, primarily due to the high Special Defense stat it has.
Also, as you mentioned, since most of your Pokemon in your team are sweepers, it would be better to have a bulky Volcarona, instead of a glass cannon.
This is the EV spread I run: 128 HP/128 Sp.Def/248 Sp.Atk/4 Spd

Volarona functions better as a defensive set, primarily due to the high Special Defense stat it has.
Also, as you mentioned, since most of your Pokemon in your team are sweepers, it would be better to have a bulky Volcarona, instead of a glass cannon.
This is the EV spread I run: 128 HP/128 Sp.Def/248 Sp.Atk/4 Spd
I don't think I will run that high special denfense EVs because this Pokemon needs to cover its fraail defense stats to be a densive pokemon. >.< but I will change some of speed to Special atack and also convet some defense to speical attack because there aren't as many attacking Pokes in OU as there is in others.

I don't think I will run that high special denfense EVs because this Pokemon needs to cover its fraail defense stats to be a densive pokemon. >.< but I will change some of speed to Special atack and also convet some defense to speical attack because there aren't as many attacking Pokes in OU as there is in others.
That's exactly why I put some HP EV's in there, as you get benefits of Higher Sp.Def and some more HP to tank some physical hits.
But, if you don't like it, then you could run 128 Sp.Def/128 Def/248 Sp.Atk/4 Spd

Imo Volcarona isn't a defensive Pokemon. Stealth Rocks and (Rock type moves in general) eat it up and there are a few flying type threats besides. Quiver Dance anything with Volcarona is good though. I like Bug Buzz in there so it gets STAB and unique type coverage on Psychic types (which the ones Volcarona is good against are the Special attacker ones). Also what's rare but good to have is Rocky Helmet on Volcarona for a chance of burn and extra damage on threatening physical attackers. Also works well with sun teams of course to get rid of that water weakness of course.

I would say that Volcarona would be better off in a offensive status rather than the defensive status in many ways that offensive will be better off in most cases . I would rather prefer an offensive status and putting bug buzz like Artisan has said . And with the Quiver Dance , it gets really strong then :)

Imo Volcarona isn't a defensive Pokemon. Stealth Rocks and (Rock type moves in general) eat it up and there are a few flying type threats besides. Quiver Dance anything with Volcarona is good though. I like Bug Buzz in there so it gets STAB and unique type coverage on Psychic types (which the ones Volcarona is good against are the Special attacker ones). Also what's rare but good to have is Rocky Helmet on Volcarona for a chance of burn and extra damage on threatening physical attackers. Also works well with sun teams of course to get rid of that water weakness of course.
I would say that Volcarona would be better off in a offensive status rather than the defensive status in many ways that offensive will be better off in most cases . I would rather prefer an offensive status and putting bug buzz like Artisan has said . And with the Quiver Dance , it gets really strong then :)
I would actually use rocky helmet but usually there isn't amny physical sweepers in OU besides Bisharp and maybe Ferrothorn but Ferrothorn doesn't attack much, just set ups.For coverage for Volcarona, I have a rapid spn starmie I will use to clear off stealth rock even though it isn't it isn't that big of a threat to my team besides Volcorona.

Back