• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It seems like there is no plan to bring Destiny 2 to the Nintendo Switch :
Mark Noseworthy said:
I think it's pretty unrealistic, given we're an online-only game, right? The Switch, because it's a portable - and I love my Switch, I've got Breath of the Wild here, I've got it with me. It's incredible, I love the console, but in terms of where it's at, I don't want leave anyone with the possibility of, like, 'it's a thing we'll consider, maybe next year.' There's no plans right now for Switch.
I'm not too surprised by the news tbh.

Thoughts?

eh... Who was expecting it to? You get Nintendo systems for Nintendo games and fun little indies. There's other, but that's what it mostly is. If you want to biggest and best shooters and mature games, you probably won't get it on a Nintendo system. I don't think anyone is gonna get a Switch and expect to play CoD, GTA, or anything else like that. (Though the ds did get both of those :D)

Absolutely no expectations. It didn't even come for PC last time around. The Switch is far too much work to make a version of, and I don't see how it would have the power for a game so intensive (though could be totally off base here). Also the always online thing sort of kills the Switch gimmick of portability. Overall disappointed but not in the least surprised. I'd be shocked if any MMOs made it to the Switch. In fact I don't know if there has even been an MMO on a Nintendo device, apart from Ragnarok on the DS.

I'm starting to see a trend here,
Overwatch isnt coming to switch because it's online heavy as well.

Overwatch isnt coming to switch because it's online heavy as well.
Actually this isn't true. The creator of Overwatch actually said they were open to the idea of having Overwatch on Swich, just that it would be extremely difficult to implement.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
This is no surprise to me. Recently I have Heard about Bungie saying that they were having some issues with frame rate and other technical stuff in the ps4 and x1 versions of the game. I think it was that the game runs at 30fps in ps4 and x1. (I don´t mean the Word issue to be related to the catastrophy of running a game at 30 fps, but for them that is something really bad).
What I have Heard is that EA is taking much interest on the switch and they might reléase more games than the already expected/announced ones.

This doesn't really come as a surprise to me, as I believe that the last major game like this on a Nintendo console was Watchdogs or COD Ghosts. While I do see things looking up slightly for third party support with the implementation of Unreal Engine 4 on the Switch, I don't foresee many other companies jumping on boards with the Switch, unless it's an easy port.

Back