SwSh Destiny Knot

• Thread starter Taz705
  • Start date
Taz705

Taz705

TRADE WITH ME ON POKEMON
Towns Folk
What happens when you bread two pokemon that each holds a destiny Knot? Does it increase the chances of a good pokemon (if the two you are breeding are good) or does it cancel out and make chances worse? I'm thinking it works the same as if you use one Destiny Knot, if so how does it decide what pokemon IV's to pass down? If anyone has a solid answer or any good theories let me know, Thanks!

Reactions: Alex.Dips
If I recall the parent with the Destiny Knot passes down their IVs and the Pokemon with the Everstone passes abilities but if both parents have high IVs (through natural selection aka replacing the lower IV mons with their kids). I believe it hasn't changed so you can also look here for a more comprehensive breakdown.

If I recall the parent with the Destiny Knot passes down their IVs and the Pokemon with the Everstone passes abilities but if both parents have high IVs (through natural selection aka replacing the lower IV mons with their kids). I believe it hasn't changed so you can also look here for a more comprehensive breakdown.
but doesn't the ever stone just pass down natures?

but doesn't the ever stone just pass down natures?
Erm, that's what I meant. Small oops. Although it would be nice to have the ability to pass abilities down. HA abilities only appear from HA mons excluding Ditto and any ability can lead to the natural, regular ones.

Erm, that's what I meant. Small oops. Although it would be nice to have the ability to pass abilities down. HA abilities only appear from HA mons excluding Ditto and any ability can lead to the natural, regular ones.
Alright, im just trying to get a 6IV Charmander. i think i just have to keep grinding cause im breeding two different 5IV charmanders which each have a different "Bad" IV.

Back