~Deviant wanted~ (a personal request for a deviantartist)

• Thread starter BacklogGamer
  • Start date
BacklogGamer

BacklogGamer

Backlogged for life TT-TT
Towns Folk
As many games as I have to play, and as many other things I'm easily distracted by, I'd still like to continue with my creatures at some point. In order to do that, I'd like to get some recreations done of the creatures I've already completed. Problem is, most people don't care what you have to say unless you're providing something in exchange.

What I need is somebody with a DeviantArt account to send me Points equal to what I could purchase if I used my own money. I don't wanna set up a paypal account just yet, cuz that's just one more thing I'd have to remember to change my info for once I finally move into my own place.

Here's my proposal:
Somebody with a DeviantArt account sends me $90 worth of points to my DA account via the donation pool at the bottom of my Deviant page. Afterwards, I give them the info to a Visa gift card I have with $90 worth of funs remaining on it to do with as they please- essentially giving them a full refund. I have given out numerous Eshop gift cards in the past, and will be using those recipients as vouchers if need be to prove my legitimacy. For this service, I will offer 250 pc on this site, as well as the two unclaimed $10 Eshop cards from my last raffle.

As this is a monetary transaction, I would like to request @Marc to oversee this request. Details to come later once somebody has hopefully agreed to these terms. Please state below if you are interested in this offer. I will only send the pc and $10 eshop codes AFTER receiving the points on my DA account. Thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: Sans
I know I have points on my DA account that I had planned on using but never did. I can send you the points if you like :)

Oh wait I just 117 points sorry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
What are DA points o.o

i'll still take em if you want, but i'm afraid they wont be valid toward the offer. :p

What are DA points o.o

deviantart's own currancy purchased with real money. for some reason they don't have physical cards to buy and I don't feel like making a paypal or putting in personal info to use my visa gift card myself- only to have to change the info at a later date. the biggest pain about moving is changing your address info on everything and the fewer things i have to do that for, the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah
deviantart's own currancy purchased with real money. for some reason they don't have physical cards to buy and I don't feel like making a paypal or putting in personal info to use my visa gift card myself- only to have to change the info at a later date. the biggest pain about moving is changing your address info on everything and the fewer things i have to do that for, the better.
OK.

You can if have em if you want, I'm Fullmetal Arekusu on DeviantArt

I sent an email to Tim (he's the owner of the hosting company I use) asking him if something can be arranged with my payment plan so we can both help each other out.

Basically if your Visa gift card is supported, you can send the $90 from it to pay off a percentage of my next hosting bill and I'll pay the rest later, and I can just buy you $90 worth of credits on DeviantArt using PayPal.

One thing tho. I'll feel more comfortable creating my own DeviantArt, so is it possible to transfer credits from DA to DA?

Reactions: Mikaya
wait what? really? o-o i wasn't expecting you to be taking the offer yourself lol. do you mean credits as in the DA points? or the funds on the Visa gift card? you should be able to just send the points to anyone.

*edit after typing first bit, but not actually submitting*

i was taking a look at the terms and conditions for points on deviantart, and is says "Members are expressly prohibited from and may not sell deviantPOINTS for real currency to one another either within or outside of the Site." Now technically, it's just me buying points with my own money- through someone else. you arn't actually spending any of your own money to give them to me, but are still tbeing paid for the service. i wouldn't want you of all people to get in trouble for this, so i'll see if i can get in touch with someone from deviantart and see if it's okay first.

wait what? really? o-o i wasn't expecting you to be taking the offer yourself lol. do you mean credits as in the DA points? or the funds on the Visa gift card? you should be able to just send the points to anyone.

*edit after typing first bit, but not actually submitting*

i was taking a look at the terms and conditions for points on deviantart, and is says "Members are expressly prohibited from and may not sell deviantPOINTS for real currency to one another either within or outside of the Site." Now technically, it's just me buying points with my own money- through someone else. you arn't actually spending any of your own money to give them to me, but are still tbeing paid for the service. i wouldn't want you of all people to get in trouble for this, so i'll see if i can get in touch with someone from deviantart and see if it's okay first.
Well, I got a reply and it seems there's no going around PayPal without getting access to my account with them.

You know if you're only worried about changing your address when you move, it's not that difficult to do it with PayPal, right? All you have to do is edit your profile and change your address before using your PayPal account again to avoid getting limited.

well the main thing with someone using their own money to buy me the points, and then me giving them my gift card info to use themselves, was just as a safety net for me. but if it's you who has to be trustworthy, or risks their site turning into a pile of rubble from a bad rep, i can just give you the info for the gift card straight away to use to purchase the points with directly and send them to me; cutting out a large portion of the hassle. and it's not that changing addressesfor paypal would be hard, it'd just be another thing to remember (or forget) to change it for once i do move.

Back