Gen 4 Diamond and Pearl/ Platinum Remake Discussion

• Thread starter Billy
  • Start date
Billy

Billy

FE Fates!
Towns Folk
dp.jpg p.jpg

Hey guys, Platinum was my first pokemon game and i have have such good memories from it but i really would like to see a remake of it. Because HS and SS the remakes of Johto came out March 2010 and ORAS November last year, it would probably take 4 more years for it to come out (2018,2019). But in the potential remakes i have some ideas of what they could add or make better.
-More towns/cities
-Better graphics
-The story could maybe happen after the original games (Like in HS and SS were it was 2 years after Gold and Silver)
-More legendaries
-And improved house (The one in Resort Area where you could buy interior)
house-outside.png
Do you guys have any ideas?
Discuss below!

Reactions: D4rkDragon and blinboy
Incredible post. I'm grateful that I'm not the only one who likes Sinnoh and wants this. The Sinnoh region was just so...nostalgic to me, with the music and plot. When I was growing up, the newest region was Sinnoh. Unova just seems too technological for some reason. Sinnoh is my favorite region! Of course there would be better graphics, and I do hope they add new towns when/if they remake it! I just hope my fellow Asians over in Japan recognize that D/P Platinum were some of the best games. OOOh if they could get the music on par with the original Sinnoh, that would be AMAZING

Reactions: Billy
I think it is the next game that is going to get a remake but I think only Pokémon Diamond and Pearl will get the remake rather than platinum since they never remake the third game like they didn't remake Pokémon Emerald but I think they might put in one events like mystery eggs and things like the ghost girl.

Reactions: blinboy
They will remake gen 4, I have a feeling they will remake all games up to X and Y. One thing I would like to see improved would be the contests, they should make the contests better or get rid of them.

Or maybe they could re-improve the Underground Sinnoh idea, and make it work like Secret Bases in OR/AS, bases would be added after a StreetPass hit/QR Code sharing.

Also I'd beg GameFreak to release it as soon as possible. 2018-2019 sounds way too far, and I'd bet the next gen handheld would be here (And no: N3DS doesn't qualifies as "next-gen", since it's just an hardware upgrade).

So basically, take all the good features from the original games, improve them, throw a few more new ideas, and mix it up, and it should work. That's what they did for OR/AS, after all. Plus, I'd like to see the Gen 4 main legendaries (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina) get Primal Evolution/Mega Evolution as well! (Of course, most of us knew Dialga had one before OR/AS or before the concept of PE was introduced, but it's non-canon since it was in a spin-off game...)

Reactions: FirstSerpent, blinboy and Billy
I would like to see what they would do with the music. This came had some of the best ones.

Reactions: blinboy
Back