Did you hate ROB?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
Impulse

Impulse

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I wasn't mad. I already knew what he was. Afterwards I'd rather would've liked a character I could play with in Brawl but it's alright.

eh, he's annoying. Why make him as a playable character? better off as an assist trophy. xD

I like him, and honestly didn't think he was a waste of a spot (at the very least, I'd put him in over someone like the Dr. Mario)

I find him bad at one on one fights but in multiplayer or one on one on one on one he can be good. I find he is best suited for staying on the side lines and landing the fatal blow.

I liked ROB's character and he was pretty fun to play with in 4-player fights. I think his presence in MarioKart DS is what led to him getting a spot on the Smash Bros roster. However, I don't see him returning this time around unless he is part of a storyline following the whole Subspace Emissary episode (which is extremely unlikely).

Seriously I think ROB is a terrible Nintendo character for ssb, he's a robot.... He isnt a very creative character on behalf of nintendo and really, he is a waste of a roster spot in earlier versions of ssb.... I'm glad he's only coming to ssb 3d as an assist trophy anyone agree?

I guess that it's his robotic design that makes him a unique player (and a somewhat creative one too) on the Super Smash Bros roster. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a playable character, but in the current state of things, he is probably better off as an assist trophy.

I loved him for his fighting style no matter how cheap he could be with his side B (like Pit's only a different hitbox). Hopefully they change this in SSB4 since I do like him but he's more of the noobs' favorite when in the wrong hands. Overall though as a fighter he moves with precision and his projectiles keep the opponent guessing because they travel really fast but might require charging up like a toy does (since R.O.B. doesn't use batteries in the game anymore).

I really like him, tbh, but his Final Smash was uncreative. He should've done something that can give the people who play as him nostalgia from when/if they got the toy. I'm pretty sure ROB as a toy never spewed and shot lasers :p anyways, i think the spot was not an exact waste, but he would probably be better off as an Assist Trophy.

Reactions: Rocky
as a smash guy or the actual thing? as a smash guy he was ok not my fav but ok.
the actual thing is almost pointless because you can just use the other control your self or ask someone else to.

Hater's gonna hate, debater's gonna debate... over this topic. @Impulse I like the way you asked the question: "Did you hate rob?". It kinda infers that many people didn't like him as a character in Brawl. I personally did like ROB, but it took a little bit to master his move set.

I disliked Rob so much at first, I was confused to why he was even in the Roster, then I learnt the history (about him being a Family Computer Robot), and after I played Subspace Emissary, I learnt his story in the game, so then I accepted him. Don't really like his Final Smash, nor his moveset, but he's an okay character.

I disliked Rob so much at first, I was confused to why he was even in the Roster, then I learnt the history (about him being a Family Computer Robot), and after I played Subspace Emissary, I learnt his story in the game, so then I accepted him. Don't really like his Final Smash, nor his moveset, but he's an okay character.

ROB was also in Mario Kart DS. I was confused as to what the heck he was then. ROB (especially in Brawl) is really cool when you use him. He can be quite the pwner in SSBB as all the other characters are (Except Jigglypuff; He She is a joke).

Back