Difference in Switch Advertising

• Thread starter Chronal
  • Start date
Chronal

Chronal

egirl no 1
Towns Folk
As much as I may love my Wii U, technically it will always be considered a flop. There are many aspects that contributed to poor sales, but a major one was advertising. Wii U advertising was quite... annoying. They relied on using kids to sell product. The thing is, kids are terrible actors. Watching Wii U advertisements is a mess of poor scripting, poor acting, and poor visuals.

With the Switch, they are clearly targeting an older audiance. Gone are children with high pitched voices, but young adults are in, playing in a variety of "hip" locations. The music choice is surprisingly nice as well.

While some may think the shift in audience could be bad, a simple path of logic proves otherwise. Truly, only kids find kids interesting. Using adults will help adult gamers who are on the fence or casuals maybe buy in. And if you've ever been around a child younger than you, most of them are interested in whatever you are. Getting an older audience can get the younger through this tactic, as players could show their neices, siblings, or other children they know the Switch and get the child interested.

Plus, you can see the difference in sales, showing the Switch is doing something right in this department.

So, what do you think of Nintendo's current advertising for the Switch? Anything you'd like to see different?

I think that ´the´nintendo we see today compared to the nintendo we saw during the wii u period is different. there has been a wind of change during this late period of time that it has affected much of a community´s life. Some aspects are for example as you say, the advertising policy. If you compare wii u´s adverts and switch´s adverts, you will find out for sure that the wii u was more like a children toy because the ads were addressed for the children community. On the other hand, when you take a switch ad, you will see that the console is addressed to a varied public, you see some children but you also see Young people, I mean people around 20/30 years old palying with the system.
I think another aspect that has changed is that nintendo is more agressive with its releases, they said that they wanted to launch games at a certain pace, and they are actually doing so!
I think nintendo wants to state very clear what the nintendo switch is! I remember when the wii u was announced many people didn´t know for sure what it was, if it was a extensión of the nintendo wii or if it was a revisión.
So all in all, I think nintendo is taking the switch really serious that they have managed to créate a momentum and it is quite effective.

Back