SwSh Differences between Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We know we're getting two new Pokemon games this year. They're called Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. While I'm not a fan of the names, I'm glad we're getting two totally new core games for the Switch.

As usual, two versions will have different content here and there.

What do you think the differences will be between the two games? Exclusive Pokemon/item, two teams, etc..? :eyes:

Reactions: Starry Windy, DarkSpyro and AricAttack
Obviously it's Team Sword and Team Shield, the legendary Pokemon'll be based on Swords and Shields and it'll have exclusive Pokemon.

So yeah, the same as every other game in this well-trodden franchise.

Well the legendary Pokémon will most likely be different, and other Pokémon. Like usely is so might have trade too get them all, but other then that I think there might be different team people like all games have

I think we'll just get version exclusives and maybe a different Gym Leader, music if there's a different location, champion and that's about it. Nothing too big like USUM and it's useful legendaries. If this was a good game it would have characters like Wes and Michael in separate games and they'd be in the industrial city location.

Reactions: Marc
I think it might be the same formula; a few new legendaries, new gyms, new pokemon, etc. I wonder if Aegislash will have a higher role in this game, considering he was sort of the OG sword/shield pokemon

Reactions: Marc
As far as I know, it’ll be just like all the other games in the series. You know, one version has exclusive Pokémon that the other doesn’t, same story with very minor tweaks here and there, same formula, and so on and so forth.

So, any major differences? Nope, not that I’m aware of. :p

Back