Different Pokeballs

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
have you ever used different versions of Pokeballs? such as the Net ball, Timer ball etc? they can be very effective when catching certain types of Pokemon.

The longer you are in battle, the more effective the Timer ball is. (I think! xD)

Correct about the timer ball. It can be extremely helpful. However I mainly only use Pokeballs, Ultra balls, and Great balls because I am boring and original lol.

I did catch one of the legendaries in a Nest Ball one time by a fluke, though. Can't remember which legendary it was, but I tossed it as a joke and as a last resort because I had run out of everything else, and it worked. o_O Irony at it's finest.

I usually stick to the regulars as well, unless I'm adding a certain Pokemon to my team and want a specific ball type. For example, a lure ball for a water type on my team.

Over the past few generations I've attempted to use just Poke Balls for every Pokemon (and legendary) I catch just to say I have, and to have legendaries inside of Poke Balls is always cool. It's also cost effective. Though, I do like using other Balls for catching various Pokemon to have inside of neat colored Balls or having the different effects when the Pokemon come out, such as team member Pokemon, or shinies.

I normally just stick to Poke/Great/Ultra balls. Although other types can be useful, I find just chucking Ultra Balls gets the job done, even if it does take a few more.

Timer Balls are very useful if you are trying to catch Pokemon with very low capture rates. I rarely use status effects, so I just get the Pokemon to red health and that's it. With such a low chance to catch Pokemon, Ultra Balls often lose their effectiveness. I usually just spam Ultra Balls and after a significant number of turns, I use a Timer Ball or two. They are great at capturing some of those elusive legendaries.

Most of my Pokemon are in Quick Balls because I'm lazy and they manage to work most of the time. :p Usually I just go with whatever is best for the situation, which often is Quick Balls > Dusk Balls > Timer Balls > Net Balls.

I've actually got a friend who catches everything in Heal Balls because she likes the pink, so I guess there's people who do it for aesthetic reasons. :p

Back