Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Yes, Digimon games are coming to the Nintendo Switch.

The first one is Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition. It's supposed to land on the North America eShop on October 18th, 2019. I heard there's another Digimon game that's supposed to launch on the Switch next year too.

There's a Japanese trailer showing off some gameplay:

IMO, I would rather see enemies in the overworld so I could at least try to avoid random enemy encounters like SMT. I've played too many games with random encounters and it kind of begins to get annoying, especially when the encounter rate is HIGH.

Anyway, what do you think about Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition? Putting it on your to-get list? :eyes: :eyes:

tomorro i will get my copy, I hope that the encounter rate isnt horribly high like in one digimon game in ds that i played

tomorro i will get my copy, I hope that the encounter rate isnt horribly high like in one digimon game in ds that i played
Let me know what you think once you've played a bit.

Let me know what you think once you've played a bit.
i will, its kinda sad how in the past digimon was like the competition to pokemon and now, its a miracle these games gets released in the west

I almost platinum'ed the game on Vita. It had some online trophies or something like this iirc that I didn't bother to do.
I completed the whole "compendium" and all side quests.
For Digimon fans it's a great game and has a lot of references to the anime series.
But objectively speaking it's an average jRPG.

I just saw that these games are currently on sale on the US eShop for $30. Would love to hear more peoples thoughts on it and if it's worth that price. I specifically want to know how it would be for someone that doesn't know anything about Digimon like me? I'm a big Persona fan and I see some similarities! I also enjoy Jrpgs and Monster taming games in general! Also, how hard or complex is the battle system? Not looking for something super difficult, I just care about if it's fun and if the story is entertaining.

I just saw that these games are currently on sale on the US eShop for $30. Would love to hear more peoples thoughts on it and if it's worth that price. I specifically want to know how it would be for someone that doesn't know anything about Digimon like me? I'm a big Persona fan and I see some similarities! I also enjoy Jrpgs and Monster taming games in general! Also, how hard or complex is the battle system? Not looking for something super difficult, I just care about if it's fun and if the story is entertaining.
i think there are better RPGs than this one
the battle sistem is your standard turn based rpg , altrougth the turns work in a similar way to final fantasy X

Reactions: Marc and Bergster30
i think there are better RPGs than this one
the battle sistem is your standard turn based rpg , altrougth the turns work in a similar way to final fantasy X
I don't mind this but I think what's discouraging me from getting it is the old encounter system. I've grown tired of not seeing a symbol to represent enemies on the screen so that I can avoid the ones I don't want to fight.

Back