Digimon

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
watched any of the series? I think there was quite a few! your thoughts on this anime? =3

yes...YES! It was my favourite anime growing up, along with DBZ. I loved Seasons 1,2 and 4.

As a kid, I loved this show so much (especially seasons 1 and 2) but I guess along with some of my other favourites like Yu-Gi-Oh, it's getting milked to death and it's not as memorable anymore.

I watched mostly all of the seasons when I was younger, definitely one of my favorite shows.

So, I'm actually not the only one to have watched it. I have watched the first three seasons (who are the only ones who were aired here), and the three others thanks to the fabulous thing called "Internet". But the 2nd part of the 6th season was totally going off-series, in my opinion.

I liked it when I was younger (not sure how many episodes I've seen but I think it's a good bit). That, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh were my favorite series around the time. I don't think I would watch it in this day and age though.

I really love the new Digimon Fusion the way that they fuse together but i have to say my favorite Digimon serie was when they were in a mini form and have the power to become big.

I really love the new Digimon Fusion the way that they fuse together but i have to say my favorite Digimon series was when they were in a mini form and have the power to become big.
I have seen it with English subs, and believe me, it'll be better later ;) *avoid spoiling*

Hopefully, they won't port Xros (=Fusion) Hunters to the USA. It's the second season of Fusion, and believe me, it's terrible.
But, still, there's details who messed up with me in that season since I played the Digimon games on the DS.

Otherwise, the season you're talking about, isn't it Adventure or Adventure 02?

as a child I always watched the show. I watched up until season 5 my personal favorite is digimon frontier since the humans became the digimon. I wasn't really interested with Tamers because they added the card thing

As with all anime, because of my family ridiculing my liking for it, my time spent watching it, when you put the bits and pieces together, totals only about ten minutes. But I loved it because of Agumon. I'd like to watch the anime in continuity but there's too much of it and I'm busy with the Shakugan no Shana series anyway :bag:

I wanted to have the Digimon games too, but I never got my hands on one :panda:

I wanted to have the Digimon games too, but I never got my hands on one :panda:

In my opinion, the best ones are ReDigitize for the PSP, Digimon World 2003 (PS1) (if you're a PAL user, 3 if you're a NTSC user), and World: Dawn/Dusk on DS. After this, if you want a challenge, try World 4 (PS2/GameCube/Xbox), but watch out, as the enemies' hitboxes are awkward, so, you just spam special attacks and A all the way.
Also, don't try the GBA ones. Seriously.

as a child I always watched the show. I watched up until season 5 my personal favorite is digimon frontier since the humans became the digimon. I wasn't really interested with Tamers because they added the card thing

I agree with the fact that Savers was great (though a bit exaggerated: since when humans can punch Digimons ?), but Frontier became boring after the Cherubimon part, since they basically kept two characters only.
As for Tamers, it's one of my favourite, and I think that the card thing was related to Digimon: Digital Card Battle for the PS1 (who is Pokémon TCG/Yu-Gi-Oh, but with Digimon and a few 3D models.)

I remember watching this some time ago, it was called Data Squad or something. I wonder what happened? It seemed to just stop, or am I missing something?

I remember watching this some time ago, it was called Data Squad or something. I wonder what happened? It seemed to just stop, or am I missing something?

As far as I know, it's still aired in the NA under the name of "Digimon Fusion", who is the 6th season.
And Data Squad is actually Savers, the 5th season.

Reactions: TheSuperKid
data squad was the 5 season. fusion which to me is bad is the 6 season it was made 4 years after data squad. i like data squad cause it went back to the orignal premise

data squad was the 5 season. fusion which to me is bad is the 6 season it was made 4 years after data squad. i like data squad cause it went back to the orignal premise

Data Squad/Savers was indeed great, explaining why there's a MMO of it. Also bad news: they will port Xros Hunters (2nd Season of Fusion) to the US. I said bad news because this one is a rip-off* of Pokémon with the characters of Fusion, and because in the Japanese version, the main character's voice (I won't reveal anything, in case where you want to torture yourself) is annoying.

So if you loved the 5 seasons before Fusion, I suggest you to stop now.

*Rip-Off: I said Rip-Off for 6:2 (Xros Hinters/Fusion Hunters ?) because while the other seasons had something innovative (thus, not allowing people to say it's a total copy of Pokémon), this one just revolve about catching Digimon.

First series was the best. MiMixSora <3

I also like the second, and third seasons. then I think Digimon got a bit too childish for me. Or I got older idk. I dont like any season of Digimon after 3. This Anime was surely better than the Pokemon Anime. The games could do use work though.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
First series was the best. MiMixSora <3

I also like the second, and third seasons. then I think Digimon got a bit too childish for me. Or I got older idk. I dont like any season of Digimon after 3. This Anime was surely better than the Pokemon Anime. The games could do use work though.

(Forgot to answer but gave a like. Time to answer, then;))

Digimon wasn't not very childish, if you take a second look and compare it to Pokémon. I mean, sure that Pokémon had its serious moments, but Digimon also had deaths, if you look at the Season 3 (Tamers).

I liked the season 2 too, but it's criticized on the net because it had "plotholes". Not as much as Xros Hunters (I know, I criticize too much this one, but seriously, if you could see what they did...)

But I agree with you, some of the Digimon games could have been better (DW4, for its insane hitboxes [too small for the enemies, too big for you] or Racing GBA... [damn, glad I played it on an emulator]).

Back