I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Advantage
-they have a good games like zelda,mario,pokemon and other
-they have a memorable and cute characters
-their console is not expensive

Disadvantage
-they don't make a powerful console
-i don't like that they always making a mario or another nintendo characters games(make a different games nintendo im tired of seeing mario's mustache)

Reactions: Mikaya
To be honest, if Nintendo focused on making their consoles as powerful as their competitors instead of worry about the 'next big idea', Nintendo would be at the top every time. They have console exclusives that sell very well, and now they're teaming up with indie devs? Oh yeah, Nintendo's a tough competitor now. It may be too late this gen, but honestly, if they can figure out that we don't want new screens and new movement technology and that we just want to play video games, Nintendo will be a force to be reckoned with in the console competition.

The reason Nintendo makes relatively weaker consoles is because they prefer to sell them at a profit instead of a loss like Sony and Microsoft do and thus use older technology. They like to play things safe in that area.

As for making a lot of Mario games and the like, those games sell well so of course they would keep making them. Besides, it's not like there aren't other games on the 3DS and Wii U that don't involve Mario, Link, or Pokemon.

Nintendo doesn't really make the strongest consoles but the best games for it makes up for it so much that it exceeds beyond what was expected . I really see that Nintendo is continuing to make better consoles like the New 3ds XL with the new CPU processor that is even way better . Nintendo is only getting better and better and better . It's hard for Nintendo to make a New Character without knowing if it will do good that is why it's always Link and Mario , etc because they always do so well

Advantage
-they have a good games like zelda,mario,pokemon and other
-they have a memorable and cute characters
-their console is not expensive

Disadvantage
-they don't make a powerful console
-i don't like that they always making a mario or another nintendo characters games(make a different games nintendo im tired of seeing mario's mustache)

Let me add a few things/remix it my way:
Pros:
+Great, really awesome 1st party games
+Not really expensive (both software are hardware. Nintendo games are cheaper (most of the time) than Sony/MS's games)
+Even by removing 1st party games, the libraries are relatively diversified.
+They don't make games in kit, aka $-€50/£45 games for which you need to pay even more because the game was obviously "rushed", so some content that could have been on the disk/cartridge is released in DLC.
+Backward compatibility (And this is a huge plus by today's standards)

Cons:
-Outdated servers/Huge Lag on some 1st Party Games (SSB4 and MK8 seemed to have that problem, while they're not as resource-heavy as some MS/Sony games when it comes to online gameplay)
-The horrendous, the root of all evil, Nintendo's biggest disease: Region-Lock. Still having this in 2015 is inexcusable by today's standards
-Lying to customers when it comes to updates (Of course, I don't want them to put "We blocked XXX game cards because Y", but damn, how stable can Ninty's firmwares get ? *STABILITY INTENSIFIES*)
-The idea of obsoleting millions of players with a 1.5 handheld because money-money-money, :whistle: ! Instead of this, put some decent hardware and stop this atrocity.
-Mario's getting overused. I know he's Ninty's mascot, but, I'd like to see some of their old mascots being back instead of the usual Mario thing (I mean, it's not as if they had licences like Metroid/F-Zero and more waiting to get "resurrected")

Those are the best things/worst things I can think about when it comes to Ninty. If they can fix those, they are bound to become the best video game company.

Just adding a little con... How they manage the payments in the e-shop... Seriously, why they still don't support Paypal? Sony does, Microsoft does, Valve does... In a way it's a good thing, it makes my wallet happier, but I'm sure Nintendo would make even more profit with a paypal support.

Reactions: D4rkDragon and Mikaya
The good thing about nintendo is that they make really good and original games. They expand upon previous games and have a lot of creativity. They don't just realise something like a new cod every year with different scenes, they take a couple years to actually really expand on Tue previous game that they did while making a sequel.
The bad thing about nintendo is that they offer little third party support. Big hit games like fifa usually don't make it on to the wii u. Their consoles are way behind the other next gens in many aspects(I mean, 32 and 16 gigs for wii u?? Seriously?) Including processing and memory. They also tend to get a little greedy imo. They barely ever lower the prices on the games that they make and the CN rewards they offered were just some cheap things for 200-600 dollars worth

Back