Moon/Sun Discovering the true form of Mimikyu!

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
Hey guys!

I'll admit, I am a bit disappointed on how I've been using the Halloween season on the Pedia. I didn't do anything special about this time of year...

...until now!

I was looking over team building for Pokémon when I ran into Mimikyu. I'll admit, after I beat the game I pretty much forgot about this Pokémon. Then I went over to TV Tropes and looked at what was categorized as Nightmare Fuel for the Pokémon Anime and Games. Mimikyu came up quite a lot, so that got me thinking: what IS under that costume? So now with some software, we can find out!

1.jpg

Okay, so Mimikyu is booted up on MikuMikuDance. Remember, this is the exact model that is used in the Pokémon games, so what we see here is what is in the game.
2.jpg

So now I've turned off shadows and the coordinate grid, so now Mimikyu is drifting in a white void.
5.jpg
For anyone who's curious, this is what it looks like looking up.
3.jpg
Here I go. I zoom in, and...
4.jpg
...I went too far. Well, I'll have to manually manipulate the camera. I fix the coordinates and I finally get a peek inside of it. And it looks like-
6.jpg
...hollow. It's hollow. It makes sense, less time needed for the animators, I suppose. Interesting note, there are two, arm-like circles inside of it, but you can't see the second one due to the camera. They can't be part of its arms-it's arms are always there in the game, just invisible.

Well, I guess we'll find out in US/UM, huh?

Well, sorry for making all the unnecessary buildup. Happy Halloween! :wink:

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
Hey guys!

I'll admit, I am a bit disappointed on how I've been using the Halloween season on the Pedia. I didn't do anything special about this time of year...

...until now!

I was looking over team building for Pokémon when I ran into Mimikyu. I'll admit, after I beat the game I pretty much forgot about this Pokémon. Then I went over to TV Tropes and looked at what was categorized as Nightmare Fuel for the Pokémon Anime and Games. Mimikyu came up quite a lot, so that got me thinking: what IS under that costume? So now with some software, we can find out!

View attachment 17469

Okay, so Mimikyu is booted up on MikuMikuDance. Remember, this is the exact model that is used in the Pokémon games, so what we see here is what is in the game.
View attachment 17470

So now I've turned off shadows and the coordinate grid, so now Mimikyu is drifting in a white void.
View attachment 17471
For anyone who's curious, this is what it looks like looking up.
View attachment 17472
Here I go. I zoom in, and...
View attachment 17473
...I went too far. Well, I'll have to manually manipulate the camera. I fix the coordinates and I finally get a peek inside of it. And it looks like-
View attachment 17474
...hollow. It's hollow. It makes sense, less time needed for the animators, I suppose. Interesting note, there are two, arm-like circles inside of it, but you can't see the second one due to the camera. They can't be part of its arms-it's arms are always there in the game, just invisible.

Well, I guess we'll find out in US/UM, huh?

Well, sorry for making all the unnecessary buildup. Happy Halloween! :wink:
I said it would be hollow or just black ;)

Reactions: AricAttack
We may not know what Mimikyu looks like without the costume, but I have an idea on what it's hiding under there. I call it Mimi image.png

Reactions: Ace
Or like Diglett's feet, we're never meant to know.

@Pandaxclone2: in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon red rescue team game, a Digglet made reference to having feet. He said, "I flew so far my feet were off the ground." Or something like that. Either way, we know that Digglets do have them.

@Pandaxclone2: in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon red rescue team game, a Digglet made reference to having feet. He said, "I flew so far my feet were off the ground." Or something like that. Either way, we know that Digglets do have them.

I know that. I was referring to the fact that while we know Diglett have "feet", we've never actually seen them. Just like we'll likely never see what's under Mimikyu.

Haha that was pretty cool. But I know whats hiding under the cloth.

Its not Porygon...
Its not Clefairy...
Its not a TV Dinner...

Its Mimikyu. Has anyone ever thought that maybe its actually a Mimikyu under there? Its not a dead different pokemon. Its just what it is: Mimikyu.

Last edited:
Well, I totally wasn’t expecting to read this today. xD

Honestly, I agree with Shiny that there’s nothing hiding under the cloth. It’s just Mimikyu. :p

Reactions: Aura Knight
Back