DLC: to have or not to have/Nintendo Financially

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
So lately a lot of new nintendo games have been getting Dlc which I'm not to happy about. Well, that's actually not true, I'm not so open minded to some types of dlc. Hyrule Warriors (which is appearing in my house when a wiiu does) has dlc for costume packs. Now that I like, for the reason it doesn't take away from the game (and that club nintendo gives it for free hehehehe). If you are playing hyrule warriors without this dlc, it doesn't make a difference. Sure it's cool when a friend comes and your all like "I'll play as gannondorf and you can be navi or something lame" and he's like "ok woah that's a sick looking gannondorf". That's what I like. But what I don't like is what takes away from the fun, and for the rest of this I'm going to focus on Mk8 and MG (Mario golf island tour). Most of this happens with FPS, when a season pass is released with exclusive content and new maps and modes and whatever get released. Now you can't play the full game without paying money and if your like me who is still 13 and can't go buy yourself eshop codes at cvs, your stuck in the house on the mushroom cup for god know how many times. But wait! Remember when nintendo DIDNT have dlc? When you didn't have to pay for the stuff? See, that what I liked about nintendo, you bought the game and that was that. You got everything with it. Updates came and you got whatever and you DIDNT pay for it. But now people will argue "well what about Nintendos financial state?!?" And I respond to you with shut up. Nintendos in a better situation than you think and coming 2015, they will probably trump a lot of big company's you think are doing well. Yeah I'm looking at you EA. "But the wiiu isn't doing good Nova.... How do they have money?" Do I have to explain everything to you? Fine ok. You see, nintendo is the only company really experimenting with their ideas. Sure, the wiiu isn't doing as good, but come 2015 and 2014 holiday they will have sold a bunch more. They are taking chances to see how to make new games. Also e3 kinda helped with wiiu but whatever. A lot of big name company's are promising things they can't do (EA cough cough) and are losing money. But nintendo isn't doing that. See? They will gain more money now. Now remember when I said----"But hold on a minute Nova" what.....? "Then why is nintendo doing dlc in the first place?" We'll most modern games now have dlc, and because of that people started asking nintendo for dlc. See? You did this! Shame on you! Now remember how I said focus on Mk8 and Mg? Well, now they have season passes and a lot of online will be restricted due to what you do and don't have, so to play and be good, your getting an emptier wallet and a lesser gameplay experience without the dlc. So what games will dlc come to nintendo?

Pokemon omega r and alpha s had considered dlc!!!

Whole franchise ruined.

Smash bros wiiu &c3ds have said it's not likely but could happen.

Now I'm not saying these will happen because they probably won't, but if it's considered it will probably pop back up to haunt you in the future, more for smash then pokemon.

Wow, odd you just read that whole thing? Thanks, leave a comment below!

^ Please, consider adding space between some arguments, thanks. Just for readability.

Otherwise, I have to admit that I'm not really fond of DLCs either, and I was quite surprised to see Nintendo rejoin the move like Sony and Microsoft. I agree that free DLCs, and alternate costumes are pretty nice, because you don't necessarily need them, but DLCs that add game modes or extra characters can be okay too... as long as it's not overpriced (Hi Activision !).

However, I must admit that DLCs who are like "get a bunch of additional graphics, get some cheats" and Season Passes are just unacceptable. But why would they stop ? Some people are stupid enough to buy them (talking about the 3rd kind of DLC [Season Pass, additional graphics and cheats], because well... it's just money-farming) so, it's quick and easy money for them.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
DLC is an interesting issue, and I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not. Most of the paid DLC is kind of irrelevant to me, and of course the free DLC (like the Fire Emblem: Awakening) is always appreciated.

If Nintendo made paid DLC for Smash with extra characters, for the most part I wouldn't care and simply not buy it as I'm pretty happy with the roster myself. But if Nintendo made it so that I couldn't play with any of the people with this DLC (or anything similar in Pokemon) I wouldn't be happy at all.

Titanfall's Season Passes are a pretty good example of bad DLC. The season pass and all the extra maps cost a lot more than they should, and make the vanilla community that much smaller, forcing us to buy the season pass.

DLC is an interesting issue, and I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not. Most of the paid DLC is kind of irrelevant to me, and of course the free DLC (like the Fire Emblem: Awakening) is always appreciated.

If Nintendo made paid DLC for Smash with extra characters, for the most part I wouldn't care and simply not buy it as I'm pretty happy with the roster myself. But if Nintendo made it so that I couldn't play with any of the people with this DLC (or anything similar in Pokemon) I wouldn't be happy at all.

Titanfall's Season Passes are a pretty good example of bad DLC. The season pass and all the extra maps cost a lot more than they should, and make the vanilla community that much smaller, forcing us to buy the season pass.
I've found the phionex wright docs to just be a stab in the back, they're like,
You like our game right? We know you want that dlc..... Come on.... Come on.....

i dont have really hate dlc but if it ends up like clash of clans where you have people who have a life and play for fun at the bottom and people who could fund a cure for cancer if they spent half the money they spend on dlc on research at the top
i prefer games like steeldiver where the dlc is good (and educational) but not the best and where the best armor/vehicles etc. by playing the game and gaining experience or like in fire emblem where its mostly free but the dlc you pay for is just a few post game maps and extra (but not overpowered) classes

I hate DLC!!! The game itself, for me is expensive. And they will add those "DLC"! If they will do that, make sure that the DLC's are free. We already bought the game. Atleast give us some freebies.

Back