DLC

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
What do you think of the fact that we are been flooded with nitnendo dlc and pay to win 3ds and Wii U software?
I dont really see an reason to complain,since it isnt the first time we have to pay more to get everything(multiple pokemon editions).
On the other hand,its kind annoying being spammed by all the ptw software.
The games arent really interesting enough to actually spend money on in my opinion.
Its nice to have some stuff on my homescreen,but i dont think its worth 1€.

I don't mind about the P2Wones because I don't play them or I get bored before I would have to pay.
However, these things Nintendo did piss me off:
  • Buying all the DLCs for smash costs almost as much as smash itself.
  • You can't use ORAS megas in XY even tho both game are in the same Gen.
  • New Nintendo 3ds exclusives (at least it's only xenoblade for now)

I really hate DLC in games, especially when it goes overboard - like J9794 said -such as DLCs often costing as much as the game itself. Instances such as those are downright ridiculous, I hate those most of all.

To my knowledge, back on the 3DS, only Smash Bros and Shadows of Valentia had this issue. Now, later down the line, pretty much every game Nintendo puts out on the Switch has it. Smash has two fighter passes that when combined cost as much as the game itself, plus a required online subscription for almost half the functions of the game.

Pokemon Sword and Shield, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and numerous other titles seem to have this problem. Practically every game now requires DLC to get the full version. Why can't I just play a game as it is? To my knowledge, none of the Pokemon and Zelda games on the 3DS had DLC at all.

Back