Do not get your hopes up for a dockless Switch in the west

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
You might have heard that a dockless Nintendo Switch is going to be sold in Japan. Unfortunately, USGamer.net reported that Nintendo has no plans to make it available in the west.

I don't really care but the option for a cheaper console is always nice.

What do you think?

Reactions: Samster
I think we mainly didn't get this option because we are more into tvs here. Japan usually has like one tv per house where US has a tv for nearly every room. lol Japan has really moved to a mobile focus place for gaming. So I guess they saw Americans getting the urge to dock their Switches, so buying just a dockless set isn't as appealing for most Americans. Sure you could always buy a dock on its own , but then you will most likely end up paying more than $300 for everything once everything is said and done.

It's a shame, but thanks to the absence of region lock I guess one can always import it.

Reactions: TerraKnight
It kinda depends on how many TVs you got and you would like to use a switch on that tv. Like @Theresia said you can still import one

I guess UK/EU won't be getting this option either. It would be ideal to have, Because not everyone has access to a TV all the time (Usually hogged up by family most likely). A slightly cheaper console is always nice.

I personally wouldn't buy a Switch (If I didn't have one already, Of course) without a dock since I'm a play-at-home gamer.

Ordering one online is a breeze anyways, So no problem there!

Reactions: Samster and Theresia
Back