Mario Maker Do people get banned for uploading troll levels in Super Mario Maker?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
well ive seen plenty of trolls in mario maker, whether it be from watching others play them, or myself and/ or others chance encountering them on expert and super expert, and ive had a weird but interesting thought about the topic: do people get erased for uploading these?

and yeah, we all know banning people for cheating online and other bad stuff has worked so well for idk how long now (but hey, what can they do? not much else lol). i know people have gotten erased for uploading glitch levels but ive never seen word of anyone getting kicked for trolly levels. since idk the answer to this, my best guess is probably no, especially since this has been a thing forever since the launch on wii u and theres a huge excess of troll levels even now, as people still play this and upload this kind of level. ive seen youtubers exchange trolls for goofy xmas ideas/ presents so im guessing this is 'allowed' for lack of better words (even though lots dont like these i havent seen anything to prove its forbidden). anyone else know for sure though?

Reactions: AricAttack
Troll levels are allowed, but impossible levels are not. If nobody stars a level or people intentionally avoid a level it will eventually be taken down from the servers.

Reactions: Kadaj
Troll levels are allowed, but impossible levels are not. If nobody stars a level or people intentionally avoid a level it will eventually be taken down from the servers.
yeah i remember seeing some impossible levels that were probably (and most likely) uploaded by hackers. i realize you have to beat a level in order to be able to upload it, but i also wouldnt be surprised if cheaters found ways to bypass this rule with certain hacks that make the game think the level has been cleared (an instant flag on your stage, im pretty sure cheaters have found ways to do this) in order to get their trash highlighted because its literally unbeatable. i had a super expert attempt where i got this ridiculous level with an entire line of munchers was dropped on me (instant death, i had no time to move or do anything) at the start of the level. And guess what? it wasnt just one row; i saw a second line above the first that appeared immediately after i died. the goal was visible but obviously there was just no way this could possibly be finished, so i had to skip it. also the level was styled in super mario world design if i remember correctly.

There are also levels that can only be beat by using glitches, but those usually get deleted and some of them are now impossible as the glitch making it possible was removed.

There are also levels that can only be beat by using glitches, but those usually get deleted and some of them are now impossible as the glitch making it possible was removed.
true. i think there was actually a guy who played mario maker much earlier on and was known/ notorious for making glitch levels and uploading them. they were showcased in some videos on youtube and i think his username on SMM was mathias something (i forget at the moment but if you look up the name and write super mario maker im pretty sure youd find something for anyone curious), and i think he got erased pretty quickly too xP the glitches shown in his levels are probably impossible now as there have been patches released since and if any were not deleted, theyre now unbeatable and you'll have to skip since trying would waste lives. his levels were pretty weird and cool at the same time, but if i had to guess theyre probably gone from the online now

No. Troll levels surprisingly are A-OK in Nintendo's books. Heck, some of the official courses in Mario Maker have troll elements in them. I don't really like troll (enemy spam), but enjoy the occasional troll block. Troll levels are kind of annoying when the level is full of Hammer Bros and Magikoopas. One Hammer Bro is even pushing it.

Reactions: Kadaj
No. Troll levels surprisingly are A-OK in Nintendo's books. Heck, some of the official courses in Mario Maker have troll elements in them. I don't really like troll (enemy spam), but enjoy the occasional troll block. Troll levels are kind of annoying when the level is full of Hammer Bros and Magikoopas. One Hammer Bro is even pushing it.
yeah i actually was surprised as well when i learned that troll levels arent against the rules in mario maker, since they are filled with many unfair ways to harm/ kill the player, from troll arrows telling you to go into a door or pipe, to the 'look out below' troll thwomps which i'd have no idea even existed unless they got me at least once. and as usual we have the death at the start for not doing anything which is also original... im not even sure if kaizo levels should be considered as 'fair and challenging' knowing how insanely difficult the techniques are to the point where most will give up and be unable to traverse even the early sections of these levels, but trolly levels are the more surprising thing that nintendo decided to allow for some reason.

there are a huge amount of ultra trolls that have been highlighted with minimal clears and excessive deaths as well...

Back