Ultra S/M Do the Trials in USUM Feel Harder Than SM?

• Thread starter pokerus
  • Start date
pokerus

pokerus

Helpful Virus
Towns Folk
Ugh, I'm struggling so hard to defeat each trial this time around. It never seemed this difficult in Sun and Mom, but USUM really makes you work hard to earn those Z-Crystals. I mean, it's fine, I guess. I love USUM more than SM because of the challenge but sometimes it feels a little too hard, like with Totem Araquanid. Did anyone else feel this way?

I haven't played Sun and Moon but I do have USUM so here's my two cents. The first totem (Gumshoos) was easy because I got a fighting type and the TM Brick Break earlier. The rest were in the grey area but the last two totem Pokémon were complete pushovers because I had Flyinium Z and super effective types for the support mons. But truly the hardest but simplest part in the game was facing off against Ultra Necrozma.
All but one Pokémon I had got one shotted by it so I used a few Max Revives on the Pokémon that got two shotted (Dugtrio) and attacked with him.
And the game gives you plenty of Revives and Max Revives so I wouldn't say the game is harder at all unless you have an oath against using healing items in battle.

I believe its supposed to be. Kahuna Hala was a STRUGGLE for me to get through, and i destroyed him in the original. also sorry if this place is dead.

I believe its supposed to be. Kahuna Hala was a STRUGGLE for me to get through, and i destroyed him in the original. also sorry if this place is dead.
Yeah the same thing happened to me! He was so easy to beat in Sun but in Ultra Sun I felt like I really had to work to do it.

I did a nuzlocke of both moon and ultra upon their respective releases. For conparisons sake, I made it to the dragon trial in moon (so close!) before losing in moon, but in ultra sun I didn’t even get past the first island before losing! Do i guess it felt harder to me. I guess you could lookat the totem pokemons levels in each respective game to find out if it actually is or not.

Yah they do this is is my second time going through it and I still find myself leveling up my pokemon a few levels beforehand

Reactions: pokerus
I never stuggled with Melemele's trials, but everything after that was pure torture. Especially the Electric trial.

Reactions: Duffy
Yes. In regular Sun and Moon it was way too easy. In Ultra Sun the trials were extremely hard. Especially the Electric trial. That one was horrible.

Ugh, I'm struggling so hard to defeat each trial this time around. It never seemed this difficult in Sun and Mom, but USUM really makes you work hard to earn those Z-Crystals. I mean, it's fine, I guess. I love USUM more than SM because of the challenge but sometimes it feels a little too hard, like with Totem Araquanid. Did anyone else feel this way?

USUM is indeed harder than SM, the Pokémon have actually good movesets and held items and the summoned Pokemon are actually good

If you want to make it a little less hard, get yourself a Hawlucha with unburden (or a Spearow to trade with an npc for a Hawlucha), give it a sitrus berry,Swords Dance/Hone Claws and acrobatics and many of the figths will get so much easier

Oricorio and Magnemite are fantastic too, and Wingull with Rain Dish evolves into Pelipper with Drizzle which just nukes the game

Indeed. Their movesets are competitive, use competitive items, have the Totem Aura which make things harder, they call in another Pokemon... like seriously? That is so hard sometimes!

What I liked to do is kill the Totem first. If you kill the ally first the totem will just call another ally. I also liked using Roto Boost so it'd be a bit easier.

Back