1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Do you consider AAA and indie Nintendo games as equals?

Discussion in 'General Nintendo Discussions' started by Marc, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Until We Go Down Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,489 coins
    I'm curious what you guys have to say about this. In a recent interview, it was revealed that Nintendo considers AAA and indie games as equals and they do not promote either just because they're different.
    Do you consider AAA and indie game titles as equals?
    Do you think they deserve to be promoted differently in the Nintendo eShop?
  2. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    323 coins
    Hmmmm although I don't think of them as equals, I do think they shouldn't be neglected in the eshop. AAA games already have marketing budgets on their own and can sell a ton of physical games, while indies might not have that money and might not be physical. So if Nintendo puts them next to big games on the eshop I think that's only good for them, and possibly part of the reason indies sell so well on Switch. And saying stuff like this to the public will probably just attract more indie developers to the Switch.
  3. Starry Windy

Starry Windy I'll keep on moving forward. The Resident Victini

Play Coins:
    124 coins
    While I don't think of AAA games and Indie games as equals because each of them are unique, I do agree that they should share the same spotlight so that AAA games and Indie games can attract any Nintendo gamers.
  4. EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2 Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,210 coins
    I think they are equals as long as they are games, that means, they are created to entertain, to be played, to have fun with them, to tell a story. Sometimes, I feel that indie games have much greater stories to tell than those of certain triple A game. I don´t really care if a game is called triple A or doublé A or just A, the only thing I care is that the game is fun to play and has a good story to tell. Take owlboy for example, it is an indie game and not because of that has fewer merits than those developed by huge companies.
  5. NintendoBoi61

NintendoBoi61 New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    12 coins
    In regards to this discussion, AAA games and Indie Games are different, but Nintendo promotes them equally which is good news for everyone. The key difference between AAA games and indie games is that one takes a lot of cash to make, the other doesn't. What Nintendo is doing is absolutley right, as both games get equal attention and gives them a good image(by them I mean the games creators and Nintendo). On a side note, the Switch Eshop is a bit untidy.
    Starry Windy likes this.