Do you know how to swim?

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
Well I might get roasted for this but anyways I’m a decent swimming I can swim for a little bit but other than that I can barley swim at all, having a face mask helps, but without a face mask or goggles you’ll have to learn to swim on you’re back, not trying to breath through your nose underwater and much more, and I’m sure a lot of you can swim just fine, but me I’m just learning and trying to get better at it, so my question is do you know how to swim?

Reactions: Samster
Well I might get roasted for this but anyways I’m a decent swimming I can swim for a little bit but other than that I can barley swim at all, having a face mask helps, but without a face mask or goggles you’ll have to learn to swim on you’re back, not trying to breath through your nose underwater and much more, and I’m sure a lot of you can swim just fine, but me I’m just learning and trying to get better at it, so my question is do you know how to swim?
You better believe it! Before this year, I spent over five years perfecting the art of swimming, and never letting error get in the way. I practiced it any chance I got, and now, I can swim like a pro. So, my answer? Yes, yes I can. :p

Reactions: Duffy and AricAttack
I remember getting my swimming merit badge in the BSA. That was fun. One requirement was to dive from the side of the pool. First try was a face plant. Second was success. Successful dives are so cool, you go so deep, and you get a massive arc. I haven’t done it very well since then though.

Reactions: Duffy
I used to be on my high school swim team. I was pretty average, but average for a competitive swim team is pretty food overall, so I guess I’m a pretty good swimmer.

Reactions: AricAttack
I remember being able to swim when I was much younger, one of the primary schools I went to took us all swimming once a week. But sometime during that I just somehow lost the ability to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Tried a few times since and just can't get the hang of it.

I remember being able to swim when I was much younger, one of the primary schools I went to took us all swimming once a week. But sometime during that I just somehow lost the ability to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Tried a few times since and just can't get the hang of it.

Pretty much in the same situation as you, I can relate. xD

I guess I could've learnt to swim if I went frequently - Outside of school. I don't really care that much, But I tend to be cautious when near water (Coasts or on a boat). I don't mind being rescued by a hot lifeguard, If I ever were to fall in! :sneaky:

Reactions: AricAttack and Samster
When I was a little kid, they threw me into the pool with one of those floaty thingies and told me to get my way out. I've always hated swimming and you'd always find me at the middle of the pool, but somehow I self-taught myself how to swim after a few years.

Reactions: Samster and Mikaya
When I was a little kid, they threw me into the pool with one of those floaty thingies and told me to get my way out. I've always hated swimming and you'd always find me at the middle of the pool, but somehow I self-taught myself how to swim after a few years.
Dedication. :lapras:

When I was a little kid, they threw me into the pool...
Ha, that's how I learned too! Since then I never got out of the water though :D
I never got into competitive swimming, but I still love it even if I don't get to swim very often.
Here's an exciting development: I just got my SCUBA license, so now I can breathe underwater! (DISCLAIMER: It's not actually that simple. Don't try this.)

Reactions: Marc
Yup! It's one of my favorite ways to get all the pent-up energy out. Plus, it's really healthy exercise, training all the muscles you do with lifting or running, but you're not putting unhealthy pressure on your joints!

Plus, I hear a swimmer's bod is pretty attractive.

But, of course, health and exercise first!

When I went on holiday to Lanzerote, I was kinda worried that I might've forgotten how to swim, but apparently I'm a swimming genius.

I swam in the ocean quite well for the first time in years, and I went pretty far out.

I know how to swin since i was a kid
I never wanted because i dislike physical effort when is boring to me
and swimming only for the sake of swimming is really boring for me
altrougth being in the water is very relaxing for me

I can swim, but can't stick to the same style for any length of time. I don't think I ever did proper lessons, but I there was a pool quite close to my house when I was a teen, and I used to go quite a lot for something to do. I can see that it can be a useful skill to have, so will be encouraging the kids to go/ taking them more as they get older and can sort themselves out in the changing room.

Back