Do you like the BD/SP Art Style (Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl)

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date

Do you like the Art Stlye

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure Yet

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
First Impressions only.
Do you like the art style of this game? At first I personally was taken aback by it but it is kind of growing on me. But I think it will be interesting to see here, what people's first impressions of the art style is. I might ask this again slightly before launch and a few months after launch (if it's ok with Marc) and compare how we feel about the art style at those times. I think we all expected the remakes, but the biggest surprises were the art style and Pokemon Legends Arceus being a game. So what do you think of the art style? Answer the poll and comment below.

Reactions: phofufury
Honestly I didn't find it terrible, I will say from first impressions, (and my opinion still) I liked the original style more. But that doesn't mean I dislike the new art-style, I don't hate it, but I'm in between about it. Over time I'm sure it'll grow on me, but overall I prefer pixel, or the X/Y & Sw/Sh 3d style over chibi. So to simply say, I don't really mind the style, but I don't love it.

Reactions: Duffy and phofufury
It looks like the older game. That being said the DS still had limitations. They scrunched the characters in the overworld and added weird affects to trainer sprites and the tiles leaving black pixel marks while moving. But in battle, trainers were regular size. That being said I expect none of these problems with 3D models. The Pokemon look great. The extra joystick is great. Can they do better? Maybe. However it is faithful to the source material. So I like it.

Reactions: Duffy
The new style looks cool. I like the chibi artstyle, I've never liked styles that try to look realistic so this is a nice return to the style I'm more used to while keeping the modern 3D look. I actually kind of prefer it over ORAS, as well, it feels like it retains more of the original top-down style this time around.

More remakes should keep this kind of thing in mind instead of trying to modernise everything. Update the graphics, but don't go overboard; make sure the feel of the original is still there. Not that I can think of any other offenders right now other than ORAS, but still, remakes should be graphical updates, not complete overhauls.

Reactions: Duffy
i like the art style it is very cute.
i do find the designs quite nalstalgic in the point of view and the character hight in overworld is identical to the ds games but in more modern art style rather than exact same style of the ds.
i do like the smol dawn memes that have come from this remake.
i am not one who expect remakes to look like something seen in past games released on the switch.

Back