Do you miss no stylus when using your Nintendo Switch?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Earlier today when I was playing Splatoon 2, I was searching for a stylus at the top of my Nintendo Switch. Sometimes when I want to type letters, I miss having a stylus to type with.

I'm wondering if anyone else miss having a stylus when using their Nintendo Switch.

I think there might be third-party styluses you can buy (assuming they're safe to use with the screen and all) but if you just buy the console by itself, you're not going to get one out of the box :monkey:

Yes I have the same issue! Any time a keyboard comes up, I'm dying to find a stylus (even though the old 3DS and Wii U ones don't work with the Switch). I'm thinking about getting one of those phone stylus things just do I could use it with my Switch.

I'm thinking about getting one of those phone stylus things just do I could use it with my Switch.
If the 3DS and Wii U styluses do not work, do you think the phone one you're getting will? :redpanda:

If the 3DS and Wii U styluses do not work, do you think the phone one you're getting will? :redpanda:
Yeah, the phone one probably should work. I assume the Switch's screen is just like a standard tablet or phone screen, but I'm just guessing. I'll have to do further research. I'm sure the question has come up before somewhere.

Reactions: Marc
Yeah, the phone one probably should work. I assume the Switch's screen is just like a standard tablet or phone screen, but I'm just guessing. I'll have to do further research. I'm sure the question has come up before somewhere.
I'd rather search Amazon for one that claims to actually work with the Switch :panda:

I'd rather search Amazon for one that claims to actually work with the Switch :panda:
That's true. Regardless, from my minimal research I did find out that the Switch has a screen that is just like a general phone, while the 3DS and Wii U have pressure sensitive screens which is why their styluses (is that plural of stylus??) are different.

Reactions: Marc
They actually do work with the switch. I had one one lying around and I tried it on the Switch and it worked just fine. Will miss having a certain spot to put the stylus in thou...

I'm actually really happy that there's not styluses for the Switch, just for the reason that I constantly loose every single stylus I've ever owned :rotfl:

I've gotten used to just using the joysticks to move around keyboards that I often forget the Switch is touchscreen lol.

Reactions: Mizunil and coolflare
They actually do work with the switch. I had one one lying around and I tried it on the Switch and it worked just fine. Will miss having a certain spot to put the stylus in thou...
Really? I didn't think mine worked... Maybe I just used it wrong somehow which would be weird. I'll try it again when I get the chance.

Did you find that the Wii U one works? Because I know for sure the 3DS one does not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find that the Wii U one works? Because I know for sure the 3DS one does not.
The Wii U and 3ds one are pretty much identical. Since the Switch only registers fingers, only tablet styluses and your fingers would work.

The Wii U and 3ds one are pretty much identical. Since the Switch only registers fingers, only tablet styluses and your fingers would work.
Oh I'm just realizing I misread your post completely. I thought you were saying the WiiU and 3DS stylus worked with the Switch but you were really saying that the phone stylus does. Sorry, that was my bad. :oops:

I don't think I ever used a stylus (much) for my Wii U (I think I lost it anyways, haha), So it doesn't really matter to me. I don't think a stylus would suit the Switch, in my opinion. When the keyboard comes up, I find it easy to type with my fingers.

No, not really. I use my fingers most of the time even on a 3DS. I do however use the stylus when typing on the 3DS screen or I need a more detailed touch. As for the Switch, being used to already using a my fingers it was an easy transition. I have found when my finger nails get a bit too long they make using the Switches' keyboard a bit difficult.

Back