PkMn Go Do you need a rear-facing camera for Pokemon Go?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Saw some screenshots of Pokemon Go on Twitter and they all look like you need a rear-facing camera :

Cmxu63RUIAA2YZF.jpg

Cmxu65sUsAI-rXc.jpg

Cmxu675UsAAOZL-.jpg

My Android tablet doesn't have one so I'm wondering if I should still go through with charging it up just to install the app and try it out. So do I need a rear-facing camera on my Android device to use Pokemon Go? Just need confirmation.

You actually dont ned one. It's just for the automated reality feature, which you can turn off with the switch. Its actually easier to catch pokemon with the thing off because you dont have to focus your camera on the pokemon like you would in AR.

You do not compulsorily need a rear facing camera for the game to work. Its only needed for the AR features of the game (basically when you catch a Pokemon, it shows the Poke in your room), that frankly are not only buggy, but useless and consume lots of battery charge. You can turn those off (either that or the game will do it for you), and still play the game normally. In fact I disabled AR when I started playing, because of how distracting it was.

P.S. If you face location problems even with GPS on, enable Developer options, and in there, Mock locations. It usually fixes the problem for most people.

You don't need to, and AR off is better than AR on in my opinion.

If you are that kind of a person who wants to take pictures of Pokemon, you might want a rear facing camera. I generally prefer it off since you don't have to focus too much on the Pokemon, and doing things like curveballs is easier.

You don't need one. AR makes it harder anyways

Back