PkMn Go Do You Prefer Using the AR or the Game Graphics in Pokemon GO?

• Thread starter Natsu Swagneel
  • Start date

Which do you prefer using in Pokemon GO?

• AR Camera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Natsu Swagneel

Natsu Swagneel

ShoutBox Killer and #1 Pedia Murder Victim
Banned User
Recently, I've seen many people walking around playing Pokemon GO. It truly is taking over the world, while also making people upset that the servers are almost always down. But anyway, my question for you guys is, do you prefer using the AR camera when catching Pokemon or do you like the game's graphics more? Personally, I prefer the game's graphics, as I live in this trashy "hood" place. It's honestly not safe where I live at any time of day, not to mention my city is super ugly, so I'd much prefer using the game's graphics. I've seen no one use the game's graphics besides myself, though. So I'd say my opinion is greatly outnumbered. How about you guys? Which do you prefer, and why? Any thoughts?

I ould use the AR, but for some reason it wont work on my phone. The pokemon just wont show and it's the laggiest thing I've ever seen >.<

I would love to have the pokemon actually show up though as it would look highly intresting :p

I only use AR when taking a picture of the Pokemon, otherwise I just leave it with the game graphics. Besides, the Pokemon are a lot more easier to catch with the AR off because then the Pokemon just stays in one spot (for the most part).

I'd imagine using the camera would drain the battery life even faster than it already does.

Like N said, I find it much easier to catch Pokemon with the AR off, as they tend to not move as much, and you don't have to spin around awkwardly in the middle of the street to try find the Pokemon. I also prefer the way it looks, it's better than catching a Pokemon with a footpath as the background or even a rubbish bin.

Reactions: 28142
I only use AR when taking a picture of the Pokemon, otherwise I just leave it with the game graphics. Besides, the Pokemon are a lot more easier to catch with the AR off because then the Pokemon just stays in one spot (for the most part).

I'd imagine using the camera would drain the battery life even faster than it already does.

Yeah, the Pokemon moving while using the AR is quite annoying. Pokemon GO already drains battery a lot as it is, so I guess I won't be using the AR anytime soon.

Like Sky, my device's augmented reality doesn't work for some reason, but I think I would prefer the game graphics better. The environment style of the game graphics seems to fit well with the style that is used in the Pokemon models, so it doesn't look odd or unnatural like in augmented reality. Even if my device's augmented reality worked, I'd probably mostly rely on using the game graphics to actually battle and capture Pokemon.

AR unfortunatelt doesn't work on my phone so I will have no choicw but to choose game graphics. In a way though I heard it is better to do that because first off it saves phone battery and second off it is said to be easier to aim at pokemon and that they don't dodge as much. Is this true though? I hear so many people saying this but I can't check because I've never used AR to make a comparison.

AR does work on my phone, though I don't really use it that much. I prefer the game graphics. This is mainly because if your hand shakes, the Pokemon also moves to fit the location on the camera. This sometimes makes things quite inconvenient, especially in the car, which moves a lot. The game graphics pretty much solve all of that. I also like animated scenes better than real life in most cases, and that includes Pokemon Go.

I use the in-game graphics because the AR is broken. My phone says it can't determine my orientation as soon as I activate it, so I have to stick with the basic graphics stuff. I suppose it allows me to save up battery life, and probably some hassle as well.

Back