Do you still watch WWE, TNA, and Other Pro Wrestling?

• Thread starter sbellast
  • Start date
S

sbellast

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
Do you still watch WWE, TNA, and Other Pro Wrestling? What is your favorite era? What is your favorite brand?

Used to watch WWE all the time as a kid. Wasn't suitable for me, but oh well. xD

WWE all the way it is great fun! Very funny at times

I still watch both WWE and TNA - WM30 was pure awesome and Daniel Bryan is our new WWE WHC. Fantastic!

I watch Wrestlemania every year. I stopped watching WWE regularly after they lost most of the classic wrestlers.

Been a fan since I was 6 but I stopped watching in high school because I was ridiculed. Hahaha. When I got into college (that was two years ago) I started watching again. Screw dem hatersss :cool:
I usually take a break from watching WWE after Wrestlemanias and resume when its SummerSlam as storylines become boring..

I was banned from watching WWE or other pro wrestling shows as a kid :bag: I didn't find out who Rey Mysterio ('that awesome guy in the mask,' I'd say to myself) was for a very long time. It was a mystery, it was!

But now that I can watch them if I want, I find that they're not really as great as the kids who could watch it when I couldn't made out. It is kinda fun for a while but the matches get boring and back-and-forth very quickly. The last time I watched a complete match was bits of one title match in December 2011 (it was TLC, I believe). So yeah, the acting is more natural than in other things and that's one of the good points. They do make mistakes, but at least they're live. It's like watching theater, only with muscular men in their undies. :panda:

I'd rather play Cooking Mama anyway :p I haven't watched WWE or any other pro wrestling show for a very long time. The Undertaker is my favourite, though, for two reasons:
  • he usually has more clothes on :giggle:
  • he's cool; I mean, almost always unbeatable and so dark and creepy
I don't know any of the new wrestlers. They don't seem to be as well-presented as the older guys anyway.

TL;DR - Nah, I'm not into pro wrestling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neofang64
I've never really gotten into wrestling, save for the occasional match. If I do watch wrestling, it's on youtube, for a specific wrestler. These include Attitude Era Kane, The Undertaker... That's really about it :p. Even those I only watch because I enjoy choreographed one-sided beat downs. :) But with Kane being made into a laughing stock used to bring new faces higher in the industry, and 'Taker losing to Lesnar at WM 30, I'm not sure if there's anything left to the medium for me... :p

Reactions: 18
I've never really gotten into wrestling, save for the occasional match. If I do watch wrestling, it's on youtube, for a specific wrestler. These include Attitude Era Kane, The Undertaker... That's really about it :p. Even those I only watch because I enjoy choreographed one-sided beat downs. :) But with Kane being made into a laughing stock used to bring new faces higher in the industry, and 'Taker losing to Lesnar at WM 30, I'm not sure if there's anything left to the medium for me... :p
Wait wait wait.

Undertaker lost at Wrestlemania? :eek:

What the hell. I'm never going to watch WWE again, even by chance - not that I did anyway. But, I mean, Undertaker was the guy who never loses at Wrestlemania and that was one of the cool things about the show. They kept doing that for over two decades and now they just went and ruined it. :(

It'd have made only a shred of sense if he'd lost to Shawn Michaels or some other wrestler who was legendary (also because it was Shawn Michaels's retirement match, that one) but Lesnar? I don't even remember what Lesnar looks like.

:cry:

Wait wait wait.

Undertaker lost at Wrestlemania? :eek:

What the hell. I'm never going to watch WWE again, even by chance - not that I did anyway. But, I mean, Undertaker was the guy who never loses at Wrestlemania and that was one of the cool things about the show. They kept doing that for over two decades and now they just went and ruined it. :(

It'd have made only a shred of sense if he'd lost to Shawn Michaels or some other wrestler who was legendary (also because it was Shawn Michaels's retirement match, that one) but Lesnar? I don't even remember what Lesnar looks like.

:cry:
Well, Michaels retired at WM 27, I think (don't quote me on that), so that was out of the question. Some people are saying 'Taker was meant to win the match, others are saying he didn't sign the contract. But, what happens, happens. It was a nice, 21 year run while it lasted, and his record stands 21-1, higher than any other wrestler in the wwe by at least 8-9x. Also, I think it's better if you don't remember Lesnar's face tbh. :p No offense Lesnar... :)

It makes sense for Undertaker to have lost, I mean there's him retiring 22-0 or he loses to someone, who can then use that momentum as the guy who "beat the Streak". I don't think he will wrestle again, he's way too old and 1 match at WrestleMania every year takes so much out of him. At least Brock Lesnar can use this momentum to eventually lose to a rising star, and because they beat a heel (and not the face Undertaker, which could ruin a good guy's career if he beat a fan favourite's streak like that), they will become a superstar.

Also, Daniel Bryan will most likely be out until 2015. :( Poor guy. He deserves to be WWE WHC right now, with a VERY lengthy reign.

It still makes absolutely no sense to me.

People aren't going to remember a wrestler as plain as Brock Lesnar. Like I said, I don't even remember what he looks like. Undertaker's streak being unbroken made him all the more amazing, and if it wasn't for his theatrics WWE wouldn't have become such a popular show to be honest :panda: At least here, everyone always took it for granted that the theatrical, scary Undertaker would beat whichever plain, simple I'm-here-in-my-undies-with-no-backstory-whatsoever wrestler he faced.

But what do I care now :cry:

Reactions: Neofang64
It still makes absolutely no sense to me.

People aren't going to remember a wrestler as plain as Brock Lesnar. Like I said, I don't even remember what he looks like. Undertaker's streak being unbroken made him all the more amazing, and if it wasn't for his theatrics WWE wouldn't have become such a popular show to be honest :panda: At least here, everyone always took it for granted that the theatrical, scary Undertaker would beat whichever plain, simple I'm-here-in-my-undies-with-no-backstory-whatsoever wrestler he faced.

But what do I care now :cry:

But Brock Lesnar is still a great wrestler and is one of the biggest beasts in the roster right now. At a milestone, historic WrestleMania where The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan had a promo together, Daniel Bryan was cemented as the next superstar and Cesaro won the first ever Andre the Giant Battle Royal, this made it one of the best WrestleMania's in history. This was shocking, and now it sets up Brock Lesnar's path to the WWE WHC again, where he can then drop the title to a rising star like Cesaro, Bryan, Reigns who will then become legends.

I still watch them i think they are fun to watch them crushing each other but it's not reality it's tv so they give them something to not feel some of the pain so they won't die but my favorite wrestler is Jhon Cenna

Actually, they're just trained to try and take the bumps safely so they won't get injured (as you pointed out) as when a lot of wrestlers used to take drugs, there was a lot of controversy surrounding WWE and the other promotions so drugs are banned.

WWE is ok I guess... I never really got into it though...

Back