ARMS Do you think ARMS is a ripoff?

• Thread starter MoonBlight
  • Start date
MoonBlight

MoonBlight

The blight... It's coming...
Towns Folk
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone thinks ARMS is a ripoff?? I personally thought it was fun. I think it was a game that Nintendo tried too hard on. I mean don't get me wrong, it was just the game I was waiting for, a fighting game. But when I first played it I felt like I had wasted my money. I thought it was a rip-off of Punch Out!! for the SNES, but just with better graphics and a few other features, but that's pretty much it. So, what do you guys think? Do you agree that ARMS is a rip-off of Punch Out!!, or do you think it's a fresh game, and not anywhere near a rip-off on anything?

I don't think ripoffing themselves is called a "ripoff", but even if Punch Out wasn't theirs, I couldn't call it a ripoff.

Reactions: Duffy
I haven't played it, but it seems different enough to distinguish itself from other fighters. From what I have seen, the big draw of Arms is... well the arm mechanic, whereas punchout is less focused on different punches, and more of strategically dodging and punching at the right time.

Reactions: Arshan and Big Yoshi
I own it and I don't think it's a ripoff at all. Punchout may look they same but it isn't the same as arms as long as you know what you are doing in arms.

Back