Do you think crossplay games should have an option to block PC players?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
There are a lot of console games with crossplay support. I'm not sure how often it happens, but I've seen comments from people how they're upset about the number of hackers they encounter when playing from their console.

So in your opinion, do you think console games with crossplay should have an option to block all PC players from joining a match they're in? How do you think it'd work out?

I haven't played too many crossplay applicable titles recently but I would suggest just to block that player specifically rather than a whole slew of "possible hackers". They could always lose even though they do hack and it would be just as amusing in-game.

There are a lot of console games with crossplay support. I'm not sure how often it happens, but I've seen comments from people how they're upset about the number of hackers they encounter when playing from their console.

So in your opinion, do you think console games with crossplay should have an option to block all PC players from joining a match they're in? How do you think it'd work out?
Nah, I don't think so. I saw this tweet (yes :sneaky:) and they said all the hackers should all be in one server, with a caption "if everyone is special, then no one is special," and I mostly agree, and that it should be tested out. But generally, I don't want my PC friends to miss out on the fun. (as if I have any. All the games I play are mostly Nintendo console exclusives anyway.)

This is insinuating that hackers are just on PC, this is incredibly wrong. It's like the argument that playstation exclusives shouldn't come out on PC because it'll instantly be cracked for pirates, also insinuating that console games don't get cracked instantly too (again, they do).

It's just more console elitism, trying to pick flaws in PC because they've got their heads too far into the sand to come back up for air. It's just stupid.

Even if the argument here was "pc players shouldn't be allowed with console because keyboard and mouse" which some people use, it's dumb because there's people out there just as good with a controller as with MB+M, and consoles support keyboard and mouse nowadays.

Reactions: Jisenku
This is insinuating that hackers are just on PC, this is incredibly wrong. It's like the argument that playstation exclusives shouldn't come out on PC because it'll instantly be cracked for pirates, also insinuating that console games don't get cracked instantly too (again, they do).

It's just more console elitism, trying to pick flaws in PC because they've got their heads too far into the sand to come back up for air. It's just stupid.

Even if the argument here was "pc players shouldn't be allowed with console because keyboard and mouse" which some people use, it's dumb because there's people out there just as good with a controller as with MB+M, and consoles support keyboard and mouse nowadays.
There are no badges like Reddit where you can give people coins, so I'm just gonna tip you 10 pc because that was GOOD

Reactions: 28142
Back