Spin Off do you think game freak was too harsh with pkmn super mystery dungeon?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so overall i think pokemon super mystery dungeon was a great game, the story and music was beautiful and a work of art (has my favorite storyline and good gameplay in the series so far). we had a lot of possible pokemon we could play as with enough postgame progress and work, but there's one small thing about this game that i wasnt too fond of. the pregame was so brutal that i couldnt get through without dying a bunch of times over and it seemed more like a game of luck than of skill since for nearly everything you had to depend on wands and orbs. and i dont have anything against making it more difficult, but this in my opinion is where game freak screwed up. even some of the early or midgame dungeons were absurd enough that it could take as little as 2 hits from a normally weak move like razor leaf or ember to faint midway. this was even more daunting after getting past the voidlands chapters as you could easily be one shotted on first few floors by a ranged attack. a way i feel they could have balanced this a bit better was by properly upping the EXP scaling so we can gain a reasonable amount and level enough that it isnt as luck based as it ended up being (to me anyhow). it was too easy to have cheap deaths midway and towards the last few to several chapters >.< other than this, i would still five star it for its plot and music as i couldnt get enough of that bit

Back