Do you think if you buy a game for one system you should get it for other platforms free

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So this may sound dumb but my dad has said it should happen someday, and what it is, is that if you buy rocket league on your switch for example, you should be able to get it free on pc or ps4 or whatever, there may be some flaws to this though,

1. The platform you want to get it again on might not have crossplay,

2. The companies Sony or Microsoft, Won’t make any money off of it,

Your choice you don’t have to agree but it’s just an idea.

I think pc is master race because you can use any pc to play your games. All consoles are very greedy and want alot of money.

Company’s sharing games is extremely unlikely to ever happen.

Reactions: Mikaya
I don't think the same game (on an alternative console) should be free, But maybe discounted, Like half price or something. At least that way money is still made. Cross-play might be a problem but perhaps an update could fix that. I don't imagine it would be that hard to accomplish. Not everyone is a pc gamer (like me) so having titles on other platforms would be ideal. I just prefer to use an actual controller (I know you can simply buy a usb one, But it's just not the same). xD

Reactions: Mizunil and AricAttack
“I know you can simply buy a usb one, But it's just not the same”
If its a good controller and the game is compatible, it’s exactly the same.

Naw I don't think so. I mean you shouldn't be able to only buy say playstation games, and then play them on your Xbox. That would suck for Sony, who would make no money from the transaction. Although I get the idea that you can play any PC game on any PC but you can already play any DS game on any DS already. It's the same concept. Besides how would ports and or remasters work? It would be nice to buy a game for one system and get it for other platforms free for the consumer at least, but that's the exact reason none of the big video gae companies will do it.

I think atleast discounted if u can prove u own it would be alright seeing as if u own a game on xbox u get it for pc free n vice versa if the game allows it but if it was free companies would lose so much money

Hell no. If you buy a game on the PC, you've bought it on the PC. Getting a discount or getting it for free on other consoles sounds ridiculous to me, seeing as gaming companies are going to be making a lot less money.

it would be nice but it will never happen

Yea I think you should I remember Sonic All Star Racing was $29.99 on Nintendo Eshop and it was for free on iOS or Android and I was like how is this possible I preferred it being reversed because it was more easier playing it on a handheld console instead of playing it on a phone because it was more glitchy to play it on a phone than a console also the controls sucked when I used to play it on my iOS phone. I believe if this happened later in the future with any console including PCs than it would save people lots of money.

Absolutely not, for many reasons. Firstly, many companies would lose a ton of money if you bought it on PC for example, and then got it on Xbox and PS4 and Switch for free, yknow?
Secondly, how would that even work? Most companies are selfish as freak, and would never cooperate that way. After all, they’re all enemies in the world of business.

So yeah, I don’t see that happening ever, unfortunately. ;-;

Reactions: AricAttack
No. I believe it took effort to make said games in question and if it runs on different systems then ask your friends you play with what system they play it on otherwise you're just buying the game for yourself. If it's an old game and you already own it on let's say an NES sure you could pirate it to play on your PC as long as the option isn't made by said companies that make a said game available for a price digitally then maybe that's acceptable. I think there's enough differences in modern consoles compared to PC to have it be worth a different price and not free because it's still content. You could try renting first to see how it plays compared to other consoles too but free is like getting paid to test a game. If it's already tested why have it be free.

Back