Do you think Nintendo will make a game for Zelda?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
No playable Link.
A playable Zelda.

The idea came thanks to @Sky who posted in my previous thread, asking for Zelda as a playable character.

It made me think.. what if Nintendo made a totally new game but instead of Link, let it have Zelda as a playable character. As you're all probably aware by now, Zelda is no Princess Peach. Then again, Peach did have her own game and I think she could fight, so idk.

But do you think Nintendo will ever consider making an AAA game where Zelda is the main character and is playable?

Reactions: Dark Link and 28142
I swear I already said there needs to be game where you can play as Sheik. I take it this one would be a puzzle game moreso than the games we already have and there is no magic meter. I do think one exists though, for the CDi so play that if you want to play as her so bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Link and 28142
Peach did have her own game and it was very interesting with some.. "interesting" items and such in it... But that's for another topic probably lol

I would love to see a game where Zelda is the main character, and not just something made to continue with the dumb "girl power" trend that is being used more and more.. I think her own game would fit perfectly well into the BOTW line and really, anywhere in the timeline imo.

Reactions: Dark Link
I actually think it would be great if we got to see her side of Orcarina of Time, as there's a lot of room for backstory between her being royalty, the Hylian and Gerudu kings, the Sheikah, being the seventh sage, and the lost seven years, that never gets touched on in any Zelda title, and certainly more. Her existence is very much the glue of the story, but we don't get to see very much of her; by the end of the game, she's basically a warrior princess, but we don't get to see very much of that either. It'd be wonderful to see how she got there, I bet her journey would be just as thrilling as Link's, if not better; afterall, as the last living heir to the Hylian kingdom, there probably would be far more politics to her story than anyone would ever consider, and that's before considering the seven years.

Reactions: Mizunil and Dark Link
It's possible, especially if enough people get interested in the idea. I personally would like to see Zelda be the main protagonist in a game, it'd be a nice change, I would say. o/ We already know she's more than capable of wielding weapons, and with her knowledge, she could learn spells like how Link would learn sword skills~

Eh, eh? :sneaky:

It would be awesome if Zelda had her own game, and I wouldn't be surprised if she does get one! I think it would be super cool to have Zelda as the protagonist instead of Link! We could also find out even more about her backstory and the storyline.

I absolutely think they should, but who knows if they ever will. They seem too preoccupied with making Mario spin-offs rather than LoZ ones. If they were smart they would, because I know people would like it. It could have segments where you use Zelda, and others where you can use Sheik.

What I think would be really interesting though is having an actual full LoZ with Zelda. For once, moms across the world can call the main character Zelda and be right!

No playable Link.
A playable Zelda.

The idea came thanks to @Sky who posted in my previous thread, asking for Zelda as a playable character.

It made me think.. what if Nintendo made a totally new game but instead of Link, let it have Zelda as a playable character. As you're all probably aware by now, Zelda is no Princess Peach. Then again, Peach did have her own game and I think she could fight, so idk.

But do you think Nintendo will ever consider making an AAA game where Zelda is the main character and is playable?
It would be very nice, most likely they'll have Ganon kidnap link and Zelda has to save him and go through typical Zelda stuff. Puzzles, dungeons, etc. There might even be a story about how hard it is to rule the kingdom and keep peace :eyes:. It would be nice to see things from a different perspective, even though Zelda is as old of a character as Link lol.

I definitely want them to make a game about Zelda going on a quest to try and seal ganon during Link's 100 year slumber in Breath of the Wild. Link would be gone in this game and be schleping lol. I want this because I don't want anymore of the "oh no the roles are reversed and now you have to save who is normally the hero in the story" stuff. They already did that with Super Princess Peach. I want this playable Zelda Zelda game to be more focused on Zelda and her everyday life, as supposed to her adventure to defeat the baddies (like with the CD-i game I think).

I also definitely agree with a Shiek game. I think it was considered at some point (Idk) but was dropped at some point. I think it would also be interesting to see Sheik fight her way in a sheikah style adventure with sheikah moves and stuff. Or maybe what happens after Ocarina of Time in the Adult Timeline lol.

Reactions: Mizunil and Dark Link
65bc963a7b3f05736dd32ef486c790f4.jpg
Seriously though, I would love to see Zelda have her own game. I think it would be an interesting concept if for example in the upcoming BoTW 2, Zelda, who isn't experienced with fighting, would give Link advice on where to go and if a certain direction felt unsafe. (Basically like Navi for example.)

A game with zelda as the protagonist would be awesome! It wouldn't function like any of the typical zelda games though. It would be more of a spinoff. Maybe a kingdom managing simulator? Where you have to take care of hyrule by helping people with their problems, making it more beautiful and expanding the villages. And you also get to date link. So an open world but considerably small and lots of side quests to do. This would happen right after botw 2. After they defeat the new ganon, they slowly rebuild hyrule to it's former glory.

It will probably happen as a spinoff, and be small. Nintendo seems to be more OK letting other ocmpanies use the zelda IP now (cadence of hyrule), so maybe a zelda spinoff could happen.

Reactions: Deepak
Back