Do you think physical games should include digital copies

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So you know when you go to the store to pick up a game for your console, well do you think that physical games should also include a code for a physical copy or what is your opinion?

Well no, because then you're buying 2 copies?

Like sure, neat idea I guess but how would that even work? You have the physical copy you can use so why would you need a digital copy. This would make buying digital copies invalid since that you only get 1 copy for that.

It wouldn't work out unless you pay twice as much for the physical copy, but at that point why bother?

Reactions: Marc, Mikaya and AricAttack
that would be a dissaster for shops and maybe developers (or maybe not ,im not aware how it works)
step 1 buy a game, having sure that you can give it back "if something bad happens with the game"
step 2: use the code
step3: give back the game in the shop and recover your money and all your games are free

succes for some people, disaster for other people

Last edited:
Reactions: AricAttack, Mikaya and 28142
I think some consoles have done this, but it makes the disk invalid to use on any other system, and the game usually requires a big download anyway for the disk to work.

Reactions: AricAttack and Mikaya
that would be a dissaster for shops and maybe developers (or maybe not ,im not aware how it works)
step 1 buy a game, having sure that you can give it back "if something bad happens with the game"
step 2: use the code
step3: give back the game in the shop and recover your money and all your games are free

succes for some people, disaster for other people
I was thinking of something like that happening, but I what I meant is like, if you can’t find your physical copy than you can just play the digital version. But I understand that people would probably do that

Nah.

Some people buy games to keep sealed and then just download the game physically anyways, but even if you are one of those people it just doesn’t make a lot of sense. Games are meant to be played, not loke only half of them be played. It’d just be weird imo.

Reactions: Mikaya and AricAttack
The only way I could see this working is if they made the game usable on one console alone, but ehhh..

Reactions: AricAttack
They’d lose a lot of money on that deal, caus eif you have two copies, you could just use one and sell the other, right? :redpanda:

Plus, there’s just no sensible reason for it, lol

They’d lose a lot of money on that deal, caus eif you have two copies, you could just use one and sell the other, right? :redpanda:

Plus, there’s just no sensible reason for it, lol
No I meant it gives you a digital copy for the other systems

Reactions: Samster
If it's a rare game and it costs a lot sure just for gamer insurance or if it's in high demand. Other than that I think that's a producers decision and not the gamers.

Back