Do you think schools should reopen regardless of covid19?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A lot of schools around the world closed its doors because of the pandemic known as covid19. Some schools managed to open back up but some still remain closed. There's a lot of debate about it on the Internet as of now.

Do you believe schools should reopen again while we still don't have a vaccine for covid19 and don't know when we will get one?

God no, children are dirty and don't follow rules. You really think a class of kids will sit socially distanced and wont be messy as heck for even half a day? No no, if not everyone is allowed back to work yet and if governments wont even congregate together in person like normal then schools shouldn't be re-opened.

The US where talking about how dangerous the election might be this year to hold, but then they want to send children back to school. The logic isn't there. Google has also told employees that they wont be coming back to work in person until at least summer of next year. This is a long term thing, this isn't something that's going away in a couple weeks.

There's a good saying of "good news is that we're only 4 weeks away from beating covid. Bad news is that we've always been 4 weeks away." Basically, if people actually got their act together and closed things down properly like some countries did instead of tiptoeing around, there wouldn't be nearly as many issues as there is currently. Opening schools again is just going to push that goal post further away.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and Agentperson
No way. I'm already used to my lazy corona lifestyle. There's no going back now. And if school opens again, kids might get the impression that corona is basically over and they might even start meeting up for parties and stuff. Online school is going great imo.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and 28142
I'd say stay open for the people who can't afford internet and if the teachers have time/tech give lessons assignments online after teaching lessons in person with all the protocol. As long as the lesson is taught that's what matters. You can't really stay in a bubble and education is important. Without it we wouldn't be where we are today. If you learn while your young you have your whole life ahead of you. When your older you should have to take your own responsibilities and I'd like to see when you'll find time for a job and learning because people aren't always made of money. That saying "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" had no water to it unless of course you are too old and basically haven't learning anything from going to school.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and Deepak
A lot of schools around the world closed its doors because of the pandemic known as covid19. Some schools managed to open back up but some still remain closed. There's a lot of debate about it on the Internet as of now.

Do you believe schools should reopen again while we still don't have a vaccine for covid19 and don't know when we will get one?
No. Just do online classes or no class at all. Do the people who want the schools to open again ever heard of Safety First? The whole point of school is to guide children to a better future. If you expose them to a virus that can easily kill people with low metabolism (such as children and old people) I don't think there will even be a future for these kids. Schools are usually packed with children. And these children are messy. SUPER MESSY. Even if you tell them to maintain social distancing, wear masks, and to do the usual things to prevent infecting someone, there will always be a ton of children who don't follow the rules and a ton of sick kids. And because of COVID-19, we don't even know if these kids are carriers of the virus or not as of now. A lot of people still refuse to follow social distancing and don't want to wear masks. Kids are not an exception. It's also bad for the teachers and staff. Because some teachers go to multiple classrooms to teach, there's a high chance tht the teacher will just end up spreading the virus to even more people. Same with the cafeteria and offices. It will be a massive disaster. I highly advise people to stay indoors as much as possible, even if it means missing school/work/events. People should obviously use online meetings for school/work/events instead.

Reactions: Mizunil

Schools should not be open. I emphasize on, and I quote: SHOULD NOT.
Well, over here in Aus, we have to go back to remote learning as of Wednesday, August 8. To be exact, over here in Victoria. My school probably won't reopen until another 6 weeks lol.

God no, children are dirty and don't follow rules. You really think a class of kids will sit socially distanced and wont be messy as heck for even half a day? No no, if not everyone is allowed back to work yet and if governments wont even congregate together in person like normal then schools shouldn't be re-opened.

The US where talking about how dangerous the election might be this year to hold, but then they want to send children back to school. The logic isn't there. Google has also told employees that they wont be coming back to work in person until at least summer of next year. This is a long term thing, this isn't something that's going away in a couple weeks.

There's a good saying of "good news is that we're only 4 weeks away from beating covid. Bad news is that we've always been 4 weeks away." Basically, if people actually got their act together and closed things down properly like some countries did instead of tiptoeing around, there wouldn't be nearly as many issues as there is currently. Opening schools again is just going to push that goal post further away.
I AM OFFENDED, SKY! nah not really lol

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Areas that reopen their schools any time soon will guaranteed see a huge spike in coronavirus infections. Then they’ll go back to remote learning after screwing up.

Schools have always been a nesting ground for virus transmission. Kids touch everything and don’t wash their hands. Schools should have been spending their break perfecting remote learning methods, so I would hope that is in place and ready when school is back in session.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
God no...

Bringing students back into the classrooms will take an extreme amount of precaution, and the amount of effort made on cleaning and social distancing can be made utterly useless, when by some freak accident someone gets diagnosed and the whole school has to be shut down. I believe that people should just stay home and do online schooling. There are many companies helping students who need internet to get it free or for a low cost. Also most children are unhygienic and will never follow most of these rules.

Reactions: Agentperson
its happening no matter wat sadly, i dont think they should open, but they have new safety guidelines. I dont think those would help much tho, as schools are indoors, and covid-19 can pass very quickly. also, kids are kids, they aren't gonna wash their hands right, or always wear a mask, or even wear the mask. i bet teachers would allow some of them not to wear masks, heck, maybe even some of the teachers wont even wear their mask properly or even at all.

they shouldn't be but
i was getting sick of my sister and happy she's back in school

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
Also to the people who are like "STudeNtS ARe gETtING bAd GRADeS and aREn'T lEaRninG AS WelL" that's probably because the teachers are having a hard time trying to adapt to this new thing, and we need to help them with it. I don't blame teachers who are struggling with the sudden change in technology, but I do blame the people who are complaining about teachers not doing enough when they are doing as much as they can.

Shout out to all the teachers <3

Reactions: FuredeRika
Also to the people who are like "STudeNtS ARe gETtING bAd GRADeS and aREn'T lEaRninG AS WelL" that's probably because the teachers are having a hard time trying to adapt to this new thing, and we need to help them with it. I don't blame teachers who are struggling with the sudden change in technology, but I do blame the people who are complaining about teachers not doing enough when they are doing as much as they can.

Shout out to all the teachers <3
haters gon hate. We really should help teachers, especially those pranksters making their teachers have a hard time just for TikTok fame.

Reactions: FuredeRika
haters gon hate. We really should help teachers, especially those pranksters making their teachers have a hard time just for TikTok fame.
What do you mean?

What do you mean?
uve never seen students be pranking their zoom rooms?

uve never seen students be pranking their zoom rooms?
Only twice on TikTok

Reactions: phofufury
No, because leaving a place open during a pandemic can cause the spread of the virus during the pandemic because of the virus going around and yet we can't see it (unless we use a microscope) but even if we take precautions, the virus would still be out there lurking in the physical world.

I don't think schools schools being open during covid is good they should be closed for sure. If everything could just stay shut and locked down for a good 2-3 weeks then the spread would MASSIVELY cut to a dribble. I live in Australia so im lucky to not have many cases here but its super sad to hear my overseas friends having to worry and even some getting sick makes me super sad :(

Reactions: Mizunil
I think no. The sooner this over the better. Schools open just kinda creates another environment for spreading. Children are bad at following rules and I bet many of them (especially young ones) don't understand why they have to wear masks. Hopefully the vaccine helps now too.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back