Ultimate Do you think Shantae will come to Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A new trailer for Shantae 5 came out today:

And you'll notice a window with the Super Smash Bros. logo:

soGBVUe.png

How many of you feel like it's a hint that Shantae will be making its way as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? We still have a couple more DLC characters I believe :eyes:

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64, P2.0, Samster and 1 other person
Nah that's just a basic way of designing a window. When I think of Shantae being in Smash then I think of how Shovel Knight is not in Smash as a playable character so I can only see her as being an assist trophy. I can see new Spirits being made to go along side the Shantae one though. By the way no DLC fighter has had a Spirit based on them beforehand so I say no.

I'm not a dude to follow what people refer to as 'subtle hints' in games. Mainly cuz most of the time they're wrong and they look real silly. :p
I mean, like Artisan says, it could just be a window design for all we know. But I'm gonna let you guys in on a secret. :eek: See, when Smash 3ds/WiiU was having that poll where you could vote twice for characters to be in the dlc, my first vote was Inklings. And the next characters was indeed Shantae.

So putting stuff like that in the trailer, not gonna lie, had my heart race for a moment. :hilarious: Like I said, I don't follow stuff like that, but you'd best believe if Shantae makes it in, I'd be really happy about it. ^-^

Reactions: Samster
Nah, I don’t think she’ll make it in, cause like Artisan said, she’s already got a Spirit beforehand. But you better believe that I’m about to buy the whole Fighter’s Pass if she is part of it xD

i dont think so, in my opinion, if a indie series gets a playable character in smash, it will be reimu hakurei from touhou,

Nah that's just a basic way of designing a window. When I think of Shantae being in Smash then I think of how Shovel Knight is not in Smash as a playable character so I can only see her as being an assist trophy. I can see new Spirits being made to go along side the Shantae one though. By the way no DLC fighter has had a Spirit based on them beforehand so I say no.

Let's be honest: Nobody designs windows like this. The two lines would intersect in the middle if it was just a "basic window design". This is clearly an allusion to the Smash ball symbol, although it is true that that doesn't guarantee anything. It could just be referencing how Shantae is a spirit in Ultimate, even.

Personally, I like to remain hopeful bc having this half-genie goof in Smash would brighten my life a bit. >w<

Back