Do you think the Nintendo NX will have Gamecube Virtual Console?

• Thread starter PorygonZ7727
  • Start date

Do you think the Nintendo NX will have Gamecube Virtual Console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PorygonZ7727

PorygonZ7727

Master of Cyberspace
Towns Folk
Personally, I really hope so! and it makes sense too since the Wii introduced Virtual Console to the NES,SNES, and Nintendo 64, and the Wii U introduced Gameboy and Nintendo DS Virtual Console. Do you think you like for their to be Gamecube Virtual Console on the NX? It would be really great because the gamecube has some really awesome games! like Super Mario Sunshine's and the Mario Party's (especially 6) and Mario Kart Double Dash, so I totally hope the NX has the capability to support it! What Gamecube games do you hope they add first?

I don't know why the wiiU don't have gamecube in eshop. There was so many games like sunshine the Party games or pokemon XD

It makes sense to have a Gamecube Virtual Console in the NX (and Wii U too), since the Wii U doesn't have backward compatibility with the Gamecube)

The memory card thing could be an issue tho...

I don't think Gamecube VC will happen right away. I think it will take a while for it to be added, but yes, eventually I believe there will be Gamecube VC. After all, it's been 3 generations since the console and 2 since the last compatible one. That seems like enough time to me to have VC. Now, I don't have a clue what games they'd add, though I'd really hope for the unlikely Pokemon Colosseum and XD.

Well it's understandable since you know, the Wii U has basically every system virtual console now except gamecube (they even have wii virtual console! what the heck!! lol) I hope they put it in the NX Console. They maybe would put Sunshine on it, maybe not because I JUST KNOW, they are going to make an HD remake of it or a sequel :3 so hopefully one of those 2 I would be happy, or even both! :D haha, and yeah I totally agree with you pk-espurr

Well it's understandable since you know, the Wii U has basically every system virtual console now except gamecube (they even have wii virtual console! what the heck!! lol) I hope they put it in the NX Console. They maybe would put Sunshine on it, maybe not because I JUST KNOW, they are going to make an HD remake of it or a sequel :3 so hopefully one of those 2 I would be happy, or even both! :D haha, and yeah I totally agree with you pk-espurr

I agree completely with you and pk-espurr.

I think the reason why he don't have GCN VC yet is mainly because of the GCN memory card, since there is a lot of games that need the memory card to unlock some thing (Example: Getting Luigi's Mansion Trophy in Melee by having a Luigi's Mansion Save File), and the fact that some games may need the secondary Memory Card, would mean that they would need to create a GCN memory card emulator together with the VC, wich could make some issues, but is not impossible.

Reactions: PorygonZ7727
Yeah, I want to have Mario Party 6 on VC, It's my favorite Mario Party out of all 13. and you would need to save to get further (especially in double dash for unlocking of characters and karts and tracks) but if people know how to make gamecube emulators (example: Dolphin) and they use the computer's memory storage as a memory card for the games, i'm pretty sure nintendo can do it too! :D lol they could just make the memory storage act as the memory card as well on the NX.

That'd be amazing, but I doubt it would happen if it's going mobile. If it does though, I'd love to see Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario TTYD, Double Dash, Melee, ya know. Well, let's hope it happens.

I think the Wii had backwards compatibility with Gamecube, not sure why the Wii U doesn't have it. Hopefully there will be Gamecube virtual console for the NX. People who own gamecube games(I have a gray gamecube but no more games for it) will be happy to hear NX will have GC games on NX

Maybe it will, lots of points made by the people above :3

Maybe it will, lots of points made by the people above :3

Yeah hopefully! I really want either an HD remake of Mario Sunshine or a Mario Sunshine 2, or both, either ways works for me haha XD Everyone does have a very excellent point, i'm pretty sure they would find a way to deal with the memory card thing :D

The NX could have Gamecube virtual console like super smash bros melee.

Reactions: PorygonZ7727 and Zukrad
I really don't so think that it would have like gamecube virtual console or may be i would have ,
it is really hard to say anything until and unless any information is out by ni ntedo.

And other reason is that i don't think Nintendo going introduce any old things in upcoming new console and again i really can't say thing much.

I think that it may happen but not definite. And if it does happen, best let me use the GameCube controller adapter. But one thing I had a problem with is being able to run those graphics

Nintendo saying the NX will be "unique" makes me think otherwise, but my hopes are still present. It seems kind of like a tradition by now for Nintendo to have a virtual console section on each of their consoles proceeding the Wii.

If they do have GameCube VC, I want to have multiplayer have online. It be pretty cool if they did

Back